Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IF I cancel FSD Beta subscription and start it again, how do I get beta back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope someone will have at least had a similar experience or know what will happen. So I have a 21 M3 LR and currently subscribe to FSD. I had a 100% SafetyScore and was among the first to get the Beta on V10.2 my question is, I won’t be driving my car for a little over a month due to my spouse having surgery out of town and staying with family. I am going to skip this month and then renew it again in January. Will I be able to get the beta again? I’m hoping I will be able to.

Reactions: K5TRX
I'm in the same boat, would love an answer to this. I've had the beta for about a month and a half (2021 MY LR) on the subscription and was wondering if I cancel for a few months then resubscribe if I'll be back in the beta. My gut tells me I'll have to go through the safety score again, which was a nightmare in LA and not worth it, so I probably wouldn't resubscribe if I had to go through that awfulness again.

Reactions: zigmeister
Same. Paying $213/month for something that causes me stress and loss of enjoyment for FSD and Beta at this time isn't worth it. Knew it already when I signed up, but wanted to give it a whirl. This is my last month and canceling FSD/opting out. But would like to know the situation with rejoining in the future.

Of course, according to Elon, by the end of this year, 4 weeks times, we are going to have FSD/Beta for all!!!!

But assume the score comes back if you opt-in and you go through that nonsense again just like prior.

I am a FSD subscriber and I have the answer for you. Short answer, yes, when you subscribe again in January, you still have FSD beta.

I opted in and received for FSD beta 10.2 with 100 score on 10/11. Then my subscription expired on 11/1; however, after the subscription is expired, I am still on the FSD software branch. I still received 10.4 update around 11/6 or 11/8 and 10.5 update on 11/23, even though all the options related to FSD in autopilot menu disappeared and so as the visualization. But the report camera button is still there.
On 11/27 I subscribed again and everything just came back immediately without any downloads or updates. So I assume this will be the same to you on January when you subscribe again.

• Informative
Reactions: pmccoub and EVNow