Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I don't want wireless charging...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...can I get a replacement phone platform for my model Y that has the slots for the wired phone charging plug at the bottom? My Pixel 2 doesn't have the Qi charging, but I'd like it to connect to plug in the tray as shown in the manual. Clearly the wireless charging tray doesn't have the slots for a cable.

...can I get a replacement phone platform for my model Y that has the slots for the wired phone charging plug at the bottom? My Pixel 2 doesn't have the Qi charging, but I'd like it to connect to plug in the tray as shown in the manual. Clearly the wireless charging tray doesn't have the slots for a cable.

The Jeda pad can do wireless or wired, or both options at once. I have it on my older 3 and it works well.

The one in my Model Y doesn't have the cable routing that puts the charger plug at the bottom edge of the phone tray ready to drop your phone into.
Charger.jpg

Yes, eventually. You can use your existing wireless charger for now. My iPhone doesn't have wireless charging so I unplugged the USB-C to the wireless charger and plugged in my Samsung T7 SSD for the dashcam.

I use the USB-A port for charging my iPhone.

Right, I know I can use the USB-A port for my charging cable, but I hate fiddling with loose cables. I want to connect my Echo Auto also, but I can't fit the cable between the closed doors. I really need the non-inductive charging tray.

Yes, eventually. You can use your existing wireless charger for now. My iPhone doesn't have wireless charging so I unplugged the USB-C to the wireless charger and plugged in my Samsung T7 SSD for the dashcam.

I use the USB-A port for charging my iPhone.