Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I place order today, will I get the new console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you located and what were your specs.
I am located in South Florida. The car was California when it was matched to me (the same time I placed the order). My original delivery date (2/25) was delayed 1 day because the truck wasn't able to make it on time. Not sure what you mean by specs - ordered the Standard Range in Blue, nothing else.

A Tesla advisor at Tesla Cincinnati said heated wheel when into production 1/7. New console when into production 2/7. Not sure when the new headlights are going in - it seems to be on Performance but not LR. BTW, as others have said, I don't think VIN is necessarily the best indicator - it looks like they are not assigned in strict production sequence off the end of the line. I think they are assigned far earlier for operations planning, and blocks of VINs get moved around based on parts availability.

Reactions: 11Dolly
It really depends on your location and if there's a new car in existing inventory (in your area) that fits your exact order specification.

Yes, if you order now and your car has to get built (like mine is currently at Tesla Freemont, since there aren't any that match my build anywhere on the West Coast, let alone in the US..... except for 1 in NY), then there's a 99% chance you'll get the new center console.

No or maybe, if you order now and they source your car from existing inventory in your area. Most of the existing inventory are Feb builds, and a lot of them do have the new console, but there's also a number of them that don't. So it's really a toss up until you can see the car on delivery day, and then make your decision.

Have the SA check to see what's available in your area, or go to a site like ev-cpo.com and and run a new inventory search on there to get an idea of what's available in your area.

Yup, same here. The HEPA would be nice, but for me, the new console is a must, and the headlights I'm trying to wait on. I placed an order on February 27 and haven't gotten a VIN match yet, so hopefully I'll get matched with a March build that has the new headlights.

I'm not in a rush, so I guess I'm willing to wait until May/June if I have to. Although all my accessories are coming in this week and next, so I would LOVE to have the car by the end of this month. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath. :D

I gave up on that

for me it’s headlights and console for the long range

Yup, same here. The HEPA would be nice, but for me, the new console is a must, and the headlights I'm trying to wait on. I placed an order on February 27 and haven't gotten a VIN match yet, so hopefully I'll get matched with a March build that has the new headlights.

I'm not in a rush, so I guess I'm willing to wait until May/June if I have to. Although all my accessories are coming in this week and next, so I would LOVE to have the car by the end of this month. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath. :D
Same!

We are actually going to Summerlin this weekend and I wanted to have a fresh new MY to test out but that's not happening lol.

My hope is that by middle to end of March they will ramp up production of regular LR again with the updated headlights and console. Right now it seems like they are producing all MYP

I actually live in Summerlin! Yeah, I'm hoping to get my MY LR with the new headlights in console (ideally this month, but I'm kind of resigned to it being May/June), get vaccinated by May/June, then go see my nieces and nephew in CA in July in my new Tesla Model Y! Hopefully it all works out.

I even debated getting the MY P, but the extra $10K is just too much for me. Guess I'll have to learn to be patient, LOL.

Same!

We are actually going to Summerlin this weekend and I wanted to have a fresh new MY to test out but that's not happening lol.

My hope is that by middle to end of March they will ramp up production of regular LR again with the updated headlights and console. Right now it seems like they are producing all MYP