Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I purchase AP thru website, how long will it take to become operational

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought on Wednesday and I just called bank to stop payment after Tesla was unable to help via customer service.

You cannot say 3 days for a $2,000 purchase and ignore the customer on day 6.

These are the type of customer service things that Tesla can improve. It isn't that hard to charge the credit card just as the feature is being enabled, rather than charge right away, provide no order confirmation, don't deliver at the promised time, and offer no substantive help when the customer contacts. In my experience, Tesla has a lot of room to improve in such stuff.

Reactions: CullinKin
These are the type of customer service things that Tesla can improve. It isn't that hard to charge the credit card just as the feature is being enabled, rather than charge right away, provide no order confirmation, don't deliver at the promised time, and offer no substantive help when the customer contacts. In my experience, Tesla has a lot of room to improve in such stuff.

Still the best car I’ve ever driven but the days of me recommending it have ended.

I didn’t ask for 3 days, I was told that. 6 days later I’m not impatient, I’m just sad.

Still the best car I’ve ever driven but the days of me recommending it have ended.

I didn’t ask for 3 days, I was told that. 6 days later I’m not impatient, I’m just sad.

Agreed. I am pretty severely frustrated right now. I just wrote CS, hopefully they will respond.

I ordered both AP+FSD so I am out $5K with no order confirmation and a notification saying it would "be up to 3 days" from 6 days ago. It shouldn't even be that hard since both AP+FSD constitute the old EAP. Grrrr

Reactions: Big City
Ordered AP on 3/7, still have nothing. I did receive 2019.5.15 yesterday afternoon though :( Card was charge the second the I placed the order. No confirmation as everyone else but the option to purchase AP is no longer available

I received the 2019.5.15 update on Thursday and Friday night I received the AP update, but it apparently didn't update properly. A fix update was sent on Sunday that fixed the stuck update message and completed the AP enable. I wonder if they had to delay pushing the update until they fixed an issue with the 2019.5.15 firmware and the AP activate bug. At least now everything works fine. Tested it on the way to work today. Hopefully you will be activated today.

Reactions: BOBEDIGITL
I received the 2019.5.15 update on Thursday and Friday night I received the AP update, but it apparently didn't update properly. A fix update was sent on Sunday that fixed the stuck update message and completed the AP enable. I wonder if they had to delay pushing the update until they fixed an issue with the 2019.5.15 firmware and the AP activate bug. At least now everything works fine. Tested it on the way to work today. Hopefully you will be activated today.

I'm hoping that's the case. Not really in a rush to get it but like others, it's a little disappointing not receiving an sort of confirmation or timeline considering the cost we are paying for AP/FSD

Agreed. I am pretty severely frustrated right now. I just wrote CS, hopefully they will respond.

I ordered both AP+FSD so I am out $5K with no order confirmation and a notification saying it would "be up to 3 days" from 6 days ago. It shouldn't even be that hard since both AP+FSD constitute the old EAP. Grrrr
I ordered AP when I built my car online Tuesday of last week. Delivery people said it won’t be on my car until late March. Took delivery of my car Friday. AP was not there. Screen indicated software update pending. I hooked my car to WiFi when I got home and latest software downloaded and got AP.

I paid $5K for AP+FSD on Friday (3/8) night. I got in my car at lunch just now and saw this screen.
IMG_0538 (1).jpg

When I touched VIEW SETTINGS, it showed me this.
IMG_0539 (1).jpg

My Tesla app on the phone is also showing the Summon button now. However, my account online doesn't show these as options.

I paid $5K for AP+FSD on Friday (3/8) night. I got in my car at lunch just now and saw this screen.
View attachment 385337

When I touched VIEW SETTINGS, it showed me this.
View attachment 385339
My Tesla app on the phone is also showing the Summon button now. However, my account online doesn't show these as options.

Literally just got into the car...got the same message...update finished and still nothing. Checked my settings and nothing has changed. o_O