Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I purchase AP thru website, how long will it take to become operational

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C6D8C462-1100-405E-B9D9-774E923EA98B.jpeg

Reactions: jsrawa and JBT66
Ran the update, went out a few minutes after it finished to check it out. Had the Autopilot Trial Software update in progress screen. Waited about 8 minutes, got bored and drove the car anyway, no autopilot. Pulled over, rebooted, then got the You're All Set screen, still no autopilot. Drove home and plugged in, rebooted again, no screen, still no autosteer or follow distance options. I'll let it gestate overnight and hopefully that takes care of it.

I got the autopilot trial screen after I came back from the movies. Couldn’t wait in the car park forever so did a hard reboot and it showed the You’re All Set screen but no AP. Hopefully sorts itself out soon. No software update yet but I don’t have a good WiFi connection

Edit: After sitting at home connected to WiFi for an hour, I got the Autopilot trial message again. I hope this doesn’t take too long.

Last edited:
Took 5 days but AP finally came through! As others have said, no message just showed up in my autopilot menu sometime this afternoon. A little bummed that the auto lane change isn’t part of basic Autopilot that was the one feature I was still unclear on. Still pretty awesome! Seems like it doesn’t bug you as often about giving feedback to stay in auto steer as it did when I had the trial back in August. May not be a good thing given the man sleeping at 75mph headlines but I’m happy with it.

I woke up to Autopilot features this morning (had ird
Paid 3/6 around 10am Eastern time. Does not show in Tesla account but I also do not have the option to order it on the Manage page anymore.
I will be starting a 500 mile road trip in a couple hours, so if it's a matter of distance traveled for unlock (which I highly doubt), we shall see.
I woke up this morning to the summon option in my phone app, it still shows 2018.50.6 and I just checked the autopilot menu in my car and I have all of the options that I ordered. No notifications, no new software update, it just appeared! Wooo! Can't wait to drive home from Nashville to Detroit now. :D

Reactions: jsrawa
I woke up to Autopilot features this morning (had ird

I woke up this morning to the summon option in my phone app, it still shows 2018.50.6 and I just checked the autopilot menu in my car and I have all of the options that I ordered. No notifications, no new software update, it just appeared! Wooo! Can't wait to drive home from Nashville to Detroit now. :D

I know what you mean, I actually look forward to my hour+ commute Monday!

Reactions: 0ptions
I got the autopilot trial screen after I came back from the movies. Couldn’t wait in the car park forever so did a hard reboot and it showed the You’re All Set screen but no AP. Hopefully sorts itself out soon. No software update yet but I don’t have a good WiFi connection

Edit: After sitting at home connected to WiFi for an hour, I got the Autopilot trial message again. I hope this doesn’t take too long.

My software updated this morning (I purchased Autopilot for $2K on Wednesday) and I walk out to see this screen as well. Some other threads have mentioned that rebooting the screen will clear it, but they say it will show up every morning!

My software updated this morning (I purchased Autopilot for $2K on Wednesday) and I walk out to see this screen as well. Some other threads have mentioned that rebooting the screen will clear it, but they say it will show up every morning!

Mine is again stuck on 'software update' message this morning after rebooting from a seemingly stuck message last night. Not sure if I should reboot again or give it more time and check later this morning.

I called Tesla support and they said there is a software bug that caused some Model 3 to not get the AP push properly. This is why the autopilot update message keeps showing up and the update not completing. He said the engineers are working on the issue and a fix may be in the next couple of days. If you have the issue you should call them since they are noting down the owners with the update issue and sending to the update team..

I left my car unplugged on wifi for the last three nights. Finally, this morning autopilot was activated. Now I need to charge the car.:) When you guys say auto lane change is not included do you mean thay it won’t change lanes on city streets just by hitting the blinker or are you referring to the navigate feature on the highway?