Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I purchase AP thru website, how long will it take to become operational

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First bug seems to be that you can’t change your following distance by clicking the right scroll wheel left and right (at least for me). It will bring up the indication that your changing it but the value doesnt actually change. You have to go into the menu to make the change.

I’m on 2019.5.15 with just AP no FSD

Just got to try mine out for the first time and I don’t have this issue, following distance via scroll wheel works. I didn’t notice any bugs and didn’t get any nags at all while continuously engaged for ~5 minutes on local roads.

Has “no auto lane change” been confirmed on an interstate? I seem to recall that it only works on interstates and not local highways. I don’t have one near me to test.

Just got to try mine out for the first time and I don’t have this issue, following distance via scroll wheel works. I didn’t notice any bugs and didn’t get any nags at all while continuously engaged for ~5 minutes on local roads.

Has “no auto lane change” been confirmed on an interstate? I seem to recall that it only works on interstates and not local highways. I don’t have one near me to test.
Confirmed there is no auto lane change on highway.

A reset fixed my scroll wheel issue, and yes there is no lane changing on any roads. I did discover that fully depressing the turn signal disengages Autosteer only and leaves the TACC engaged, so that is one thing I’m glad they did since we don’t have lane changing.

Having to force your way through the steering wheel to disengage it was not idea, but the turn signal disengage feels more natural.

I thought I noticed less nagging compared to my other EAP car. I thought it was just in my head, but I guess it might be true I just don’t have enough time with it to determine yet.

• Informative
Reactions: BenR
Last night waiting for the Autpilot Trial window to finish, I got the latest software update which I accepted and it apparently cancelled the AP update. Next morning after the update was finished I got the Autopilot Trial window back and left it alone. Came back out a few hours later and AP was now available, no notification or anything. Took it for a spin and it works! Still deciding whether to add the FSD option.

Especially if you receive the update and it gets mucked up. Still waiting for a resolution on the stuck update message. It now doesn't go away with a reset and locks out the touchscreen buttons,

I have found that if you press the brakes to start up the car, the Controls button at least works and I can manually bring up the camera over the update screen.

After a lot of deliberation about buying the largely vaporware FSD, I ended up paying for AP+FSD on Friday night soon after the car updated to 2019.5.15. Just as others have experienced, I’ve received no order confirmation email, nor do I see any changes on the car details page under my account. Today is Sunday. I’ll give it a couple of more days for the feature to hit the car.