Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

If I sell Model 3 with EAP, can new owner buy FSD for $5K?

I've ordered a Model Y, which I expect to have sometime next month. I currently own a Performance Model 3 and want to sell it before then. It has EAP, with an option to purchase FSD for $5K. If I sell the car, will the new owner have the same opportunity to purchase FSD for $5K? If not, would it be worthwhile to purchase FSD in advance of selling the car to make it more attractive to a prospective buyer? If I did that, I'd of course want to net at least $5K more for the car as well.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Just noticed your second question. No, you will not get $5k more for it at resale if you buy FSD. I've checked used Tesla prices and EAP and FSD have low residual value on resale. Maybe that will change if there is actually proven FSD and the public wants it. I essentially got EAP for free on my car. Same price as one without it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC