Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If i want to lease a Y beginning in Aug/September of 2022, should I order now? and other lease questions (CA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the Tesla family. Looking to lease a Model Y beginning in August or September of 22. As of November 1st 2021, it says delivery is June 2022. Im guessing that might also be delayed, so when would i order my Tesla? If by chance I order it today and it is ready in June, can i push it back a month or two?

Also, I am probably going to go over the 15,000 miles a year (45,000), how bad is that, and how much more would I owe when i turn it in? Any other lease tips on the Tesla? Thank you.

Yea you Can delay it. You cash the SA and give them a new date. They will put it on hold until then. Your car is then given away. So your new EDD may be further out then when your hold is over. Depends on how production looks need year with the new factories

Overage is only .25 a mile. So long as you don’t go crazy like 25k it’s manageable.

I have to ask: if you think that you’ll drive more than the 15k, why are you leasing? It could
1) get very costly very quickly and
2) create stress right from the jump for you with mileage worries. You don’t seem like the best candidate for a lease, to be honest.

I have to ask: if you think that you’ll drive more than the 15k, why are you leasing? It could
1) get very costly very quickly and
2) create stress right from the jump for you with mileage worries. You don’t seem like the best candidate for a lease, to be honest.
Less monthly. No or small DP. No commitment. Reup in 3 years 🤷🏾‍♂️