Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"If I were running Tesla..." LFP batteries and CCS charging ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, you guys are darn lucky I'm not running Tesla (or anything else these days). None the less, if I were I'd offer up two options for customers:

1-LR AWD Teslas using LFP batteries. Yeah, I know the long-range of such a vehicle would be less than with "normal" long-range batteries. But the battery pack will last a looong time and can be kept at 100% power level with minimum damage being done to the battery pack. Just sayin'....

2-Put a CCS charger inlet on the opposite side of the rear of the car. Thus, one side would be our proprietary Tesla plug opening, the other side would be able to accept "the other guys" plugs. I'd pay for such an option, which would, more or less double the number of charging stations available on a road trip.

Just a Xmas Eve thought.

Merry Christmas all!

Rich

Reactions: gtae07
Well, you guys are darn lucky I'm not running Tesla (or anything else these days). None the less, if I were I'd offer up two options for customers:

1-LR AWD Teslas using LFP batteries. Yeah, I know the long-range of such a vehicle would be less than with "normal" long-range batteries. But the battery pack will last a looong time and can be kept at 100% power level with minimum damage being done to the battery pack. Just sayin'....

2-Put a CCS charger inlet on the opposite side of the rear of the car. Thus, one side would be our proprietary Tesla plug opening, the other side would be able to accept "the other guys" plugs. I'd pay for such an option, which would, more or less double the number of charging stations available on a road trip.

Just a Xmas Eve thought.

Merry Christmas all!

Rich
the CCS charger is already covered in Europe.
The charging port has both Tesla and 'other' together.
So no need to run a 2-gauge power cable across the rear of the car. You know, SAFER. Now you know why you're NOT running Tesla. :)

• Funny
Reactions: EVer Hopeful