Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If Model 3 doesn't look better than this...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr X

Jan 18, 2013
1 AU
0VDVRcK.jpg

PvWdUp0.jpg

L9DBU2d.jpg

I might just end up keeping my Volt (or get a Model S). It pretty much looks like a mini Tesla already.

But we'll see come the 31st!

Wow, I never noticed until now just how HUGE that shark fin antenna looks on the Volt! (Is Chevy compensating for something???)

I can at least say with absolute certainty that the Model 3 will have nothing to do with those horrid things!

The front of the volt is not very attractive, but otherwise there's only so much a manufacturer can do with overall shape to get the best mix of aerodynamics and utility out of a car. And still look like a typical car rather than a weird-mobile. But in all black, your Volt does have a bit of a coolness factor that I've never related to a Volt before. Except for that antenna...

Not a fan of those all black wheels. Makes the wheels look like those tiny donut spare wheels on cars. When combined with the yellow calipers the yellow part looks like the warning label on a donut tire.

I'm not a big fan of the blacked out look. I have no doubt the Model 3 will look much better than the Volt.

I honestly still prefer Gen 1 Volts over the new body style. The new ones are a mash-up between a Prius, Prius C, and a CR-Z. Gen 2 lost it's individuality IMO.

Personally after owning a Gen 1 Volt, I agree. Now it just looks like the previous gen Civic.
I really enjoyed having a car that looked like it came straight from the Auto Show as a concept. The Volt was a "weird mobile" for sure, but I really enjoyed that car's styling.

ONTO MODEL 3!!!

I honestly still prefer Gen 1 Volts over the new body style. The new ones are a mash-up between a Prius, Prius C, and a CR-Z. Gen 2 lost it's individuality IMO.

The tail lights look like Ford Focus lights. A whole lot of different styles of lines and shapes going on with the new Volt. Like it is cobbled together from many cars. End result isn't bad, but it lacks the cohesiveness of a good looking car like the Model S. Hopefully the Model 3 will be a strong, clean and cohesive design like the S and X.

To each their own. As far as Volt's go, it's not bad. My biggest gripe with it is the massive T-shaped battery that takes up half the interior space. Second-gen is slightly better with a nominal middle seat in the back, but let's face it, it's mostly for a child seat.