Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If my parents want buy small SUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My parents were heavily considering buying a small SUV as their 3rd car to use. They each got a car, so no spare car now. One drives the Mercedes GLC AMG Edition 1, the other drive the Mercedes S class.

They went from considering the Land Rover Discovery, then started considering the Genesis GV80. They ditched the Land Rover because they thought it become too expensive to maintain. Then they considered the Genesis maybe because its cheaper to maintain and also it saved Tiger Wood's life.

If cost is a thing and they want a small SUV like the Land Rover Discovery, I thought the Tesla Model Y would be a good fit. I think Tesla are much cheaper to operate than any gas car and less to maintain, plus it still has its prestige of being a Tesla. I think Tesla has more prestige than a Genesis SUV. Plus they said I could use it sometimes since its their 3rd car, kind of a spare car. And I wouldn't mind using it sometimes because I still prefer the Model 3 in terms of driving because its lower to the ground, but the Tesla Model Y has more space when needed for activities like snowboarding which I could use. I haven't paid for maintenance yet except changing the tires, and the one time the small battery was replaced, it was done for free. It's one the reasons I like Tesla, you can drive it and barely maintain it.

The Mercedes GLC AMG Edition 1 is a more expensive car than my Tesla Model 3, but I still prefer driving the Model 3. I think Tesla are superior to Mercedes AMG or BMW M series. Its easier to accelerate, no gears to shift around. The Lexus was the last car I thought was smooth, but the Tesla is much smoother and more comfortable to drive long distance. All those AMG / BMW Ms are noisy as hell and like being in an airplane. Would be nice if Tesla made commercial airplanes, then we can have quiet airplanes to ride in and be able to live next to airports.

I'm sure they were gonna spend around $60k, so they could get the top of the line performance and I think it be a better value than the top of the line Land Rover Discovery.