Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If not now, then....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was rationally going to buy a Model 3 when it comes out....put my deposit down on day 1...then after looking for new news and press releases about it for 2 months straight, I noticed they were selling certified preowned Model S's....then watched the prices come down a bit....then pulled the trigger......they sucked me in good, and I wouldn't have it any other way....I know I made the right decision. Still have my model 3 reservation, so who knows what I will do with that...

My story is similar to many other people on my final decision to buy the car. I was first "introduced" to the Model S by a good friend almost 4 years ago with his P85 (no D or L at that time). Over the years I kept a watchful eye on the evolution of Tesla as a company, but never seriously thought about buying one. About 7 or 8 months ago, several factors made me start actually doing more research on buying a Tesla. First and probably most importantly, my wife for some reason changed her stance and gave me the permission to buy one. :eek: Secondly, a couple people I worked with passed away unexpectedly in the last few years, which gave me a somewhat new perspective on life in general. I realized that I can keep working hard and save money "for the future," but who knows if or when I will ever use the savings on something I will enjoy.

Like others have pointed out, is it logical to spend this much money on a car (that costs more than a small house)? Heck no it's not logical! It's ludicrous! :mad: But, there is tremendous value in happiness and time that we cannot attach a dollar sign to. I am by no means a "car enthusiast," but after getting my S, I look forward to driving EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Timing is now. With Tesla, new features will be announced every few months, so there is no "perfect" time to buy. I missed out on AP 2 by a few weeks, but no regrets here as I'm perfectly happy with AP 1. If you are concerned about the speed of Tesla innovation, then perhaps seriously consider a lease, so you can "upgrade" every few years easily.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Cowby and Andyw2100