Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IF Tesla partners with (_____???_____) for Supercharger locations....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally what I would love to see is the rise of a new roadside food/rest/gift-shop/lounge place set up especially for Tesla owners. Think of it like the Ambassador Club at airport terminals, for American Airlines frequent fliers. Amtrak has a similar Club for first class passengers at various Amtrak stations around the country.

It'd be cool to have a network of Superchargers that also offers good quality eco-friendly, nutritional food, in a relaxing atmosphere with super wifi and stuff for kids to do, while the csr slurps up the amps.

Then again, maybe this is all moot if Tesla really figures out a way to charge a full 85kwh "tank" in 10 minutes...

Agreed i think this is dumb.
I also think Elon is very concerned about branding.
I don't think he would associate the brand with anything that is of lesser quality such as Mcdonald's.
I respect your opinion (and others in this post)...however, how do you explain the fact that the Milford CT Supercharger is located in a rest stop of "lesser quality" ? How about the rumored Darien CT location, also in a complex of lesser quality brands?

Also, McDonald's is rated #7 on the Forbes list of most powerful brands (check for yourself here: The World's Most Powerful Brands - Forbes) .

If Elon was so concerned about branding, he would put a much larger focus on customer service at Tesla. I love my car, but I, as well as others, have seen some of the worst experiences throughout the buying process

:)

This should be a quick SC stop on a trip, not your daily charge location. That's your residence.

SuperWalmarts have groceries, deli and bakery goods, pharmacy items, clean restrooms, toys, electronics, secure & safe ATM's, etc, etc. Options? The new WM just east of I-75 on SR70 south of Tampa Bay has a Texas Road House and Hungry Howie's pizza place on the north side of its property, adjacent to a tire store (not sure which one). On the east side of the lot is a line of shops, none of which have been populated yet (construction is still underway).

Is upscale branding compatible with a mass production car? Sure. Good idea for stores? Apparently so. Necessary for SC locations? EM gets to make that decision. I'm just thinking what might be best for the traveling public.

And I say that's exactly wrong: McD does not. The various fanchisees own (rent, etc.) those slots. So it might be a lot more difficult to effect such a plan than if McD were the monolith you're assuming.
Right. Don't disagree with you. I definitely simplified what I was trying to say - hopefully you got the idea.

In short: I know McDonalds offers a lot of subsidies to franchise owners to make improvements (and thus improve the McDonalds brand) to their stores - something like 50% of the costs. They could follow a similar path.

I respect your opinion (and others in this post)...however, how do you explain the fact that the Milford CT Supercharger is located in a rest stop of "lesser quality" ? How about the rumored Darien CT location, also in a complex of lesser quality brands?

Also, McDonald's is rated #7 on the Forbes list of most powerful brands (check for yourself here: The World's Most Powerful Brands - Forbes) .

If Elon was so concerned about branding, he would put a much larger focus on customer service at Tesla. I love my car, but I, as well as others, have seen some of the worst experiences throughout the buying process

:)

All valid points though i'm curious about the buying experience now that you mentioned it.
The more i look into it the more i read about people having excellent experiences in the buying process.
Why such a bad experience?

Simon Property Group and Tanger are two of the largest outlet mall owner/operators in the country. They are typically in between cities, outside of the congestion and typically on major interstates. They have more than a half hours worth of distractions for everyone in the car. Simon is also in Europe and Asia.

McDonalds- I keep saying it. Tesla needs to get in bed with McDonalds, as McDonald's own most of the land at rest stops across the US.

Wonder if you're right after all ... Elon's favorite today:

image.jpg

Doing a little quick math :

There are 14,000 McDonald's restaurants in the United States.
A HPWC cost $1,500. Figure another $1,000 for installation on average (some would be less, some would be more)

In other words, it would cost approximately $35 million to put a HPWC at every McDonalds in the country. This would create a massive safety net for Tesla drivers, and eliminate any possible fear of being stranded without the ability to find a charge.

Doing a little quick math :

There are 14,000 McDonald's restaurants in the United States.
A HPWC cost $1,500. Figure another $1,000 for installation on average (some would be less, some would be more)

In other words, it would cost approximately $35 million to put a HPWC at every McDonalds in the country. This would create a massive safety net for Tesla drivers, and eliminate any possible fear of being stranded without the ability to find a charge.
This may be; but for now TM would be asking them to also give up 14,000 parking spots. I'm all for it, of course, but what about the 99%?