Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If there is a model s refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nappypapi

MSLR MSM | Ordered 12/20 VIN Rec'd 19s EDD 8/22-28
Dec 12, 2020
28Washington, DC
I was wondering how soon would we know a refresh is coming, being they are shutting down the lines, would they switch to "new" model when they come back if it in fact was a refresh coming? I feel like this type of refresh would lead to leaks some where in the supply chain. I pushed my delivery to mid February, so I feel we should know by then if the shutdown was for something bigger or not

The last S facelift was done on the fly. Suddenly you would just get the new one. As such, this shutdown is also strange. Maybe it is that big of a refresh.

that said... leaks of new product at Tesla are actually uncommon IMO. Cyber truck, roadster and semis was mouth tight until announcement.

Reactions: ICUDoc
definitely possible, but i find that unlikely too... the production line should be able to scale up and down accordingly.. even if demand was ZERO, there would be wave of 25-75% production cut before a complete shutdown. You just don't go from 100 to 0, unless a forecast was missing.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
Just placed an order for an X and S today. Salesman swears they were informed of no refresh but possible minor upgrades that would not effect the purchase. We would be happy with the current ones but we be very happy if the refersh gave a little more range. Anyway they are saying 7-11 weeks.

give me a few days. I put a deposit down on Saturday and received an email today saying they wanted to arrange delivery on this coming Saturday. As in one week from deposit to delivery. I've told them that I won't take delivery if it doesn't have the auto-dimming mirrors though. I can't get them to answer that though. That's the only real criteria I have. It's not a big thing, but given I didn't get parking sensors by 2 months on my S and I am not in a rush as my S is warrantied until June.

give me a few days. I put a deposit down on Saturday and received an email today saying they wanted to arrange delivery on this coming Saturday. As in one week from deposit to delivery. I've told them that I won't take delivery if it doesn't have the auto-dimming mirrors though. I can't get them to answer that though. That's the only real criteria I have. It's not a big thing, but given I didn't get parking sensors by 2 months on my S and I am not in a rush as my S is warrantied until June.

Very strange. I put my deposit on a Model S Performance on Friday, Jan 15 and my account page shows an estimated delivery of March 5-20. I wonder why there is such a difference in delivery estimates? Maybe they happen to have had a car already finished that happened to match what you ordered.

Very strange. I put my deposit on a Model S Performance on Friday, Jan 15 and my account page shows an estimated delivery of March 5-20. I wonder why there is such a difference in delivery estimates? Maybe they happen to have had a car already finished that happened to match what you ordered.

I think that poster is talking about a Model Y order in the S forum