TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

If this had been a Tesla instead of a Toyota catching fire the title would be....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by idoco, Apr 11, 2014.

1. idoco

idoco Member

...Tesla Catches On Fire and Destroys Three Buildings Leaving Countless Homeless :scared:

As it was the actual story title was, “Illegally Parked BMW Smashed By Boston Firefighters Was Brand New”. Buried at the end of the article...

"...firefighters traced the source of the flames to the engine of a Toyota parked in an alley, spreading fire to three nearby buildings, leaving residents like Jaime Hernandez homeless."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/10/illegally-parked-bmw-smashed-by-firefighters-was-brand-new

2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it on the news yesterday.

3. Electric700

Electric700 Member

I agree with you 100%. On the bright side, it was a Toyota and not a Tesla.

4. FVO

FVO Active Member

i think this everyday with those messages and recalls lately

5. djplong

djplong Member

Same here. My first thought was "Where's the outrage against Toyota?" (...and I OWN a Toyota and have been pretty happy with it so it's not like I have anything against the company)

6. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

Always wanting to look on the bright side of things, this type of electron microscope scrutiny of MS made Tesla produce a near perfect vehicle. Thank you (media, world, other manufacturers,,,) for the very nice and most welcome side effect associated with your being incredibly biased and un-accepting of new technology.