TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

if you blinked you missed it......

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jimtelsa, Nov 10, 2015.

1. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

tO6TvwY.jpg

lowest I have seen so far for a S85

Had leather
    Tech package

47k wow

2. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Almost exactly my car (and yours, I see). Depressing, isn't it? Good thing I keep my cars for 10 years so it won't make a big difference.

3. spectrablue

spectrablue Member

Looks like the pictures show no pano, body color roof and 19"s.
    Do you remember any other options?

4. KBF

KBF Model S 2017

There's one in our area for around the same - it was a divorce settlement. This may be the same situation.

5. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Just stock photos.

I will say though, you really don't know what level of wear you will see on a CPO until you see it in person. While it might be a CPO, it could still have been beat to heck. I had a Fresh CPO as a loaner over the weekend. a 1 year old P85+ (One of the last before AP Hardware was introduced). It only had 11,000 when I got it friday (12,000 when I dropped it back off). All the loaners had sold so they had to commission CPO's as loaners. Anyways, even though it was a CPO, Clean etc... Just sitting in it, you could tell that the previous owner, had really beat the car. In comparison, when I got back in my own car after picking it up yesterday, Despite my 73,000 miles, and endless issues with the car, I take very good care of my vehicle. Night and day difference. In my vehicle, you can just feel that everything was taken care of, kept clean, and not have the living crud beat out of it.

So as with all used cars, you really don't know what your getting until you see it.

6. jimtelsa

jimtelsa Member

Just black Leather and tech package

7. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

This is why they need to be selective which cars they sell as CPO and which cars they sell as just "used" cars.

8. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

#8 GasKilla, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    That's why I ended up ordering new, you really don't know what you will get with a CPO car, plus none of the "good deals" have autopilot.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not aware of Tesla selling anything other than "new" and "CPO", where do they sell "used" cars?

9. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

It's my understanding that Tesla routes anything not suited for the CPO program to an auto broker and lets the broker sell it.

10. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Tesla has, on occasion offered used cars for sale that they couldn't/wouldn't run through the he CPO process. Plus they had the occasional used car for sale prior to the CPO program.