Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you could change one thing about the Model 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple more since I'm sure some Tesla asshole is scouring these forums and who cares about rules:

Consistent performance. If there's one thing that makes me sad, it's the fact that the response is different @ 40+ MPH @ 20% SoC vs. 80% SoC. Nearly got into accidents a couple of times as a result.

Audible indication when "switching gears." The car shreds your ears with pointless warnings about the dumbest *sugar*, but when you switch gears - silence.

Couple more since I'm sure some Tesla asshole is scouring these forums and who cares about rules:

Consistent performance. If there's one thing that makes me sad, it's the fact that the response is different @ 40+ MPH @ 20% SoC vs. 80% SoC. Nearly got into accidents a couple of times as a result.

Audible indication when "switching gears." The car shreds your ears with pointless warnings about the dumbest *sugar*, but when you switch gears - silence.

Unfortunately that's just how battery works, unless there's a breakthrough in battery technology, there won't be performance consistency for a long while.

Reactions: Big Earl

Does any other car make a sound when "switching gears"?

I have a different, two-fold complaint about "gear" shifting:
1. The car prevents you from shifting from R to D when moving at 5+mph. (Too low a limit, IMO.)
2. The warning beep that you get when attempting to shift from R to D while moving at 5+mph (i.e., the car warning you that it is refusing your request to shift gears) is too slow. It should be immediate, but there's a noticeable lag.

Unfortunately that's just how battery works, unless there's a breakthrough in battery technology, there won't be performance consistency for a long while.

In fairness, acceleration could be made consistent over a wide range of battery %SOC levels / voltages, but it would require reducing power at higher %SOC / voltages to match the lower performance of a depleted battery, which I don't think many people would be in favor of.

Main thing I want is better soundproofing. It's surprisingly loud.

Secondly, the dumb 'gear' shift stalk should work reliably: for a few seconds after putting in the PIN-to-drive code it just does nothing, no matter how many times you yank it, and whether or not it chooses to engage reverse when you don't have your foot on the brake and are moving a bit is seemingly determined by some astrological alignment. Or a RNG. I am aware of the weird arbitrary speed limit, and it really doesn't feel as though that's it, because I approach my driveway pretty much the same way all the time and sometimes it goes into reverse and other times it doesn't and I almost run into the ditch. Ugh.

I want user definable engine sounds for fun (would be more fun than the fart generator). And active sound cancelling audio system.

I'd also like steering improvements like the aftermarket end bars give, so it has better steering feel. Maybe sway bars too.

Not interested in air suspension that jacks up cost and increases maintenance.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Top down, 360 degree camera view.

Elon did state that feature is coming soon, but with Elon time who knows how long that will be.

I want user definable engine sounds for fun (would be more fun than the fart generator). And active sound cancelling audio system.

I'd also like steering improvements like the aftermarket end bars give, so it has better steering feel. Maybe sway bars too.

Not interested in air suspension that jacks up cost and increases maintenance.

You can upload custom sounds for the boombox if you like.

In fairness, acceleration could be made consistent over a wide range of battery %SOC levels / voltages, but it would require reducing power at higher %SOC / voltages to match the lower performance of a depleted battery, which I don't think many people would be in favor of.
This was my take on it - maybe someday the batteries will be able to deliver so much so fast that it doesn't really make sense to let it go "all out." How is Porsche accomplishing "consistent performance" in the Taycan?

Does any other car make a sound when "switching gears"?
Ya - the gears shifting.

• Funny
Reactions: jsmay311