Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you could change one thing about the Model 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An overhead birds eye view is def possible - it’s already being done in other cars. The car designers and engineers at Tesla are some of the best in the world. As Picard would say: “Make it so.”

But the cameras on those cars point mostly down .. not out. They can't show you a view of something they can't see. The car can (and now does for FSD) synthesize a BEV using the AI, but that's not a video feed.

Here here. I’ve had other cars with that “birds eye” view from above looking straight down on the vehicle, and it makes parking soooo much easier. With all the cameras on the Tesla, seems like a no brainer.
My Bolt had this and frankly, there’s nothing I thought I’d be yearning for when I moved from that car to a Model 3. But that’s definitely one thing I really miss.

Reactions: XPsionic
The front end is one of the BEST design features of the current Tesla line. I love the front end. Can you show an example of a front end you think looks good?

never heard anyone that actually likes the front of the model 3 before. The front is pretty ugly tbh like a squashed frog. The rest of the car looks pretty good though, especially from the side.

What cars have you guys owned/driven that you think the model 3 is a harsh ride??? Coming from a Miata, wrx, and BMW M2, you guys sound nuts haha

Nah, we're not nuts at all. The Model 3 ride is not good. But you may not have noticed it depending on your roads.

It's not harsh. But the suspension has a very short travel with soft springs and as a result, you spend a lot of time on the bump stops. They're not tuned very smoothly. Consequently, you get a behavior of a pogo-like motion. Watch my video and pay attention to the fixed horizontal elements like bridge gantries and signs. Watch how they oscillate up and down in the frame, that's not good.

I've owned BMW's and Porsches, currently have a 911 Turbo. That suspension is firmer, but more compliant. As a result the ride is much better over normal bumps, yumps and dips, but a bit harsher on potholes and expansion joints. It's also way, way more composed.

My wants (most of which I feel are realistic).

1. Soften up the SR and LRAWD suspension and fit slightly better shocks.
2. Offer a real sport suspension on the Performance, even if it costs a bit more). Doesn't have to be height adjustable, or even adjustable dampers (although those would be nice). But a high quality damper, not the junk we have on there now with some progressive springs or even a helper spring setup.
3. BETTER SEAT BOLSTERING. Give me the backs off the S seats and I'd be happier.
4. Configurable Joe Mode. As someone else said, it shouldn't be all or nothing. Turning Joe Mode on makes the turn signals nearly impossible to hear. I really just want the alerts from AS / TACC to be quiet along with the lane departure warnings but the parking sensors and turn signals are fine.
5. REAL blind spot alerts. Just put lights on the mirror housing or behind the mirror.
6. Driver's display. Configurable, like the Hanshow. But without having to contact someone on Whatsapp for customer support. Can you imagine how much money Tesla could make if they offered almost the same product as Hanshow as an option? It would be great if we could use the scroll wheels in the same way as the S on a driver's display. I love that about the S.