Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you could change one thing about the Model 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I highly recommend a powered frunk from TeslaOffer or Hansshow. Pretty easy self install and once done it feels OEM (you can use app/screen/fob/button to open/close). No more worrying about greasy handprints or bending the hood. I have Hansshow on our 3 and TeslaOffer on our X.

Thanks.

First, to be clear, this thread is about what we’d change but, aside from the part about fixing what they’d broken with an update, nothing I’ve listed is anything I care enough about to futz with aftermarket add ons. Second, as others have said in other threads, I don’t want remote opening and closing of the frunk, just think they should’ve designed it so you could manually drop it to the latch which would then grab and pull it closed.

Instead of things like the fart app or devoting resources on trying to make the roadster hover, how about...

Windshield wipers:

1. A proper rain sensor. I'll be generous and call the current system, 'semi' auto wipers. It's better than it was initially, but it still sucks.
2. Instead of bringing up the on/off when manually hitting the wipe button, bring up the entire set of controls so you can switch to the manual speeds with one input. Since the middle screen is currently empty, why not have the wiper controls up and ready???

Screen partition:
They went the wrong way, IMO. Make the map bigger. Not the other way around. I think they're working on letting the driver adjust this, though.

Headlights:
1. Make holding the green headlight icon for 3 seconds turn them off like the HVAC.
2. Also, make the headlights horizontally adjustable also (like europe), not just vertical. Having them both point to the right f*cks with my OCD every time I turn them on!

Clunking/popping in cold weather/elevation changes:
No explanation needed.

Error Alerts:
Make all error alerts completely deletable instead of just minimizable.

With all that said, the performance/handling still outweigh the cons for me... but just barely.

Reactions: jsmay311
So you are driving every day, thinking "Oh I wish this was better!" What are those things?

UI
  • ?
Interior
  • ?
Exterior
  • ?
Autopilot
  • ?
Tech
  • ?
Future features
  • ?

There is a 123 post thread with almost the same exact question, that you can find here:

If you could change one thing about the Model 3...

====================
(moderator note: since that thread is pre existing, recent, and covers the same basic topic, I am heavily considering merging this thread into that one.

EDIT - thread merged with thread above)

Last edited: