Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you could choose any other SUV.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since my top priority is that it must not make a sound and accelerate like the proverbial 'bat outta hell' from zero it makes it quite hard to find a substitute. Now if the supposed 'long tail' of other items is lacking enough to tip the scales then I might just wait around until they are inevitably fixed instead of going back to the ICE age. The XC90 was a contender for a short time until I found out how horrid the acceleration is under battery alone. Talk about a non-starter!

We custom ordered a GL350 in Feb and took delivery in April once I realized the X wasn't coming anytime soon and neither was the XC90 T8 and I needed a replacement for the Odyssey that was capable of limited off roading, carrying at least 7 and cargo, and getting decent gas mileage. We also didn't want to go full sized and haul around a lot of extra space like in a sequoia. Going pure EV wasn't a requirement and still isn't. Now the question is whether to replace the 5 series wagon that is currently the second car with either an S or an X. I think the GL will probably be the last ICE vehicle I buy. I intend to take my 8 year old to college in that SUV and then trade it in for something a lot smaller.

Our last ICE car is a Sequoia. 170K, tight as a drum. I'd recommend it any day of the week. It'll stay with us probably forever as our backup as well. No plans to shift to an X at this time - 2 Ss are enough and when we need big or towing - especially into Mexico - I prefer gas.

Will keep this until they get the X sorted out.

IMG_1276.JPG
IMG_1278.JPG

I've never been interested in SUVs. The X is the first one that, surprisingly, got my interest. I thought I liked the S more until just ~1 or 2 months ago, but am now more into the X.

I'd definitely prefer a smaller version of the X (Y, please!).

Outside of Teslas, I actually like the Porsche Cayenne and BMW X3, but only aesthetically. I can't imagine ever buying a non-electric. I have to rent them a bit, and even if I didn't care a great deal about tackling global warming and air pollution, I'm really turned off by the drive quality of even higher-end gasmobiles.