Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you could do something entrepreneurial in the EV industry,what would you do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KL70

Mar 22, 2019
US
I'm doing an assignment for school, on the topic of what's something entrepreneurial you'd most want to do in the field of EV vehicles and the EV industry, plus how would you go about launching it, monetising it and finding interested customers for it.

Anything to do with just starting your own EV car conversion service, or starting your own EV car manufacturing company is excluded. I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: Brando
I'm doing an assignment for school, on the topic of what's something entrepreneurial you'd most want to do in the field of EV vehicles and the EV industry, plus how would you go about launching it, monetising it and finding interested customers for it.

Anything to do with just starting your own EV car conversion service, or starting your own EV car manufacturing company is excluded. I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts.
conversion thoughts - pick trucks to learn - rent for your neighbors to use - low speed to keep costs down, like a city truck? not for hyways?? low power so vehicle doesn't get torn up.
Start slow and build with experience..

I think there's going to be a huge demand to have 14-50 outlets and/or hardwired charging stations installed in new and existing homes. Sure, regular electricians can install these but many report price gouging when the electrician finds out the install is for a Tesla. If the company only did EV charging installations, the company could keep costs down and might be able to attract more business. Such a company could quickly become a reputable installer among EV owners and possibly become a Tesla-preferred electrician.

I would be cool with opening up a "charging bar" similar to the one in California where you can go inside the nice building to sit and relax. Has a food court, drink bar. Possibly have alcoholic drinks.. Then id switch from hanging out inside helping folks to helping ensure everyone is orderly in line for charging outside. Id like to have like 50+ charging stations and all be covered by large solar roofs.

In short, a job that I own and get to hang and talk Tesla all day.

• Love
EEAB848A-D0FD-49B0-A36F-3C2B9D0A5CEB.jpeg

I’ve always loved ‘68 Ragtop Camaro’s. An EV conversion would be amazing, IMO!

• Love