Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You Could Order Again, What Options Would You Get

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Regarding the Pano, my husband was trying to cut costs and said no to it. I think I would have really regretted it if I that didn't get re-added. You're right about all the reasons you mentioned. We have a friend who's about your same height and will benefit from the extra room (even if I'm pushed into the back row :)).

I wasn't going to get the pano, also to save money and because the goal wasn't to get a luxury sedan, but a properly functioning and well developed 100% EV.

Had the GEN III been available today, I would most likely have gotten that instead of the Model S.

Later, when talking to a Tesla rep on the phone (he called me), I asked him if we could go over all the items, resulting in take some, leave some, and the price was close to what it was before the changes. One of the few points to finally make me "allow" myself to get the pano roof was simply that "helping" Tesla sell more cars: I thought this was one of the things my friends and colleagues needed to experience as a part of trying the car, and be the dot over the i for the "must have" decision.

I looked at the carbon fibre decor yesterday, and it really looks nice - yet I cannot substantiate the extra cost, so I'll stick with the piano.

Most of my decisions were influenced by

- What will it cost to have it retrofitted (i.e. dual chargers 2.5X factory price)?
- Am I really going to use it? (i.e. Sound system, I usually don't listen to music in cars, and fog lights, it's hazy but very seldom foggy in Hong Kong)
- How will it affect passive heating when the car is parked outside in the summer? (I got silver metallic, will get light color seat covers, but air con is so good it really doesn't matter anyway, so I did get the pano)
- What could it do to the resale value (i.e. pano roof - could prove harder to sell one without pano roof, unless it proofs to be a maintenance nightmare over the years)
- When do I need to replace the battery? (i.e. range of the 60 vs 85 over the years, after degrading, AND the 85 can be run much more in the "healthy" bracket 20-80% charged)

I try to stay away from these forums, thinking about Tesla, talking about Tesla, doing test drives and anything else related to Tesla, but must admit it takes a lot of my time at the moment.

Post-delivery I will seek advice for more excuses to take the car out for a spin.

Last edited:
I'm 6' 1-1/2" with relatively short 30" inseam and didn't like the pano roof at my test drive. The big bulges on the sides were too close to my head.

As for dual chargers, I'd rather have a CHAdeMO adapter.

Parking sensors are nice. Hear tell Parking Assist is now available and thats something I would seriously consider if buying again.