Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you get door dinged while sitting in the car...

Catch a door dinger. What do you do?

• Tell them to be more careful next time and let them go.

Votes: 35 10.1%
  • Ask for their insurance information.

Votes: 238 68.6%
  • Ask for cash compensation on the spot. But how much?

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • Kick their ass

Votes: 43 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually had this happen at a Tesla store/SC. Lady in a Model S swung her door into my 3 passenger door as I was texting my spouse just before leaving.

My reaction: Are you ******* kidding me? (Said out loud). Got out, asked her if the door was damaged, she claimed no, I looked, saw minor damage done on the character line of the door. She then had the audacity to claim it wasn’t from her door. At which point I was ‘this close’ to losing it on her when her young (4? 5?) year old crawled out the back seat. Took a deep breath, told her to open her door, while I put my finger on the damage to prove it was her door. Got her name and phone number but then I didn’t believe it was her real name - you had to be there - so asked to see her driver’s license and sure enough the name wasn’t even close. Took a photo of her license and left before I lost my cool.

I never pursued it. It was minor and I have protection on my car so was able to make it almost invisible.

What I forgot to do in the moment was download the video from my car. :rolleyes: So do that first so you have evidence.