Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had $150k for a car, but the p100d didn't exist, what would you buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking at a couple of the Mercedes AMG models in that price range or a Porsche Cayenne Turbo.

The Panamera is just too ugly to even consider. I couldn't drive a car I couldn't stand looking at that people make jokes about constantly even if it was an otherwise great car, and I certainly couldn't pay $150k for it.

Now that the 100D is out, if I had $150K - what would I buy?

I'd buy the 100D, the longest range EV on the market, and costs much less than a P100D, which has lower range and higher acceleration that you can't really use in daily driving.

And, for the extra $$$ we'd save from the 100D, would plan to buy a Model 3.

Wait... That's what we're doing... We have a 100D on order and a reservation for a Model 3 (though the combination is likely going to end up costing more than $150K).

Reactions: DIL
Well, I was thinking about a couple of $150K+ cars and opted for a 90D. The reasons that the 100D wasn't a good fit for me were several and I won't bore you all with them here. Different strokes, etc.

I'd been strongly considering the MB S63 AMG Coupe as a daily driver and a Ferrari F430 as a toy. As much as I've enjoyed the Tesla so far - its 19 days in the shop over two visits in the first month of ownership (to solve the same problem) notwithstanding - I still find myself thinking about the MB. I'll probably get the F430 anyway once my Ultima sells.

this thread doesn't say no Tesla's it just said no P100D...(*edit i was wrong here), however i would probably get a used Maybach 62S or Porsche GT3 RS! :)

If this were what other Tesla you would get, then:

I would get an S100D loaded to the gills with all the options. :) (well maybe the glass roof not sunroof, and stick with 19's for ride comfort...)

I would also be open to a decked out X100D with Helix wheels painted black...

Last edited: