TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

If you had an order in for a 90D with FUSC, what did you do?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AVRnj, Jan 25, 2017.

?

If you had an order in for a 90D with FUSC, what did you do?

1. Kept my 90D order with FUSC

57.1%
  2. Changed my order to a 100D with no FUSC and kept it (with or without change fee)

35.7%
  3. Cancelled either my original 90D order with FUSC or my changed 100D with no FUSC

7.1%
  1. AVRnj

AVRnj Member

Really just trying to get a tally of the decisions made, to see if I am out of line or not with my thinking.

2. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

My 90D was delivered 3 weeks ago so I cant fit your scenario but I would have cancelled the 90D and went with the 100D instead.

• Like x 1
  3. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

Unlimited Supercharging - depends on a number of factors:

1) do you have your own charge point where you live?
    2) Is your commute so long that you would require SCing regularly?
    3) Overall, do you put a lot of miles on a vehicle?

The only other factor is whether there are any options that have been discontinued, or new ones added (this is a moving target given Tesla's continuous changes).

If you have sufficient range to charge from home and aren't putting a ton of miles then FUSC is kind of irrelevant.

• Like x 1
  4. Cloxxki

Cloxxki Member

Free SUC is not worth all that much. Over how many years would you need to calculate its value? Most charging of S/X owners will be done at home at low rates.
    I just LOOOOOVE the idea of free unlimited SUC, but realistically it's worth only a few thousand Euros to me. Having the 17% more battery capacity, that's worth something. Look what people pay extra for Ludicrous. Just to momentarily get 200 Amperes more. Not going to be much more than a few minutes over the life of the car. Can you somehow earn that back doing drag races or picking up hotter ladies? Skipping superchargers in a longer range car, taking shorter to make it home, that's worth more, surely? Yet priced much lower.

• Like x 2
  5. Sully's8

Sully's8 Member

My vote is qualified. . .like most, the FUSC wasn't that important to me. They revised the interior selections and mine was not in the new options. I retained my interior combo. By default I kept FUSC and ventilated seats. . .

If the interior combo was there I'd have upgraded to the 100.

• Like x 1
  6. Haxster

Haxster Member

$3K increase: good value
    $7.5K potential Trumpian tax credit loss: not so good.

7. animorph

animorph Member

Straight forward for me. Changed to 100D and keeping it. Would have been nice to keep the FUSC and ventilated seats, but not enough to stick with the 90D.

8. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

The upgrade to the 100D seemed to me the obvious choice. The only reason I wanted the 90D over the 75D was due to the added range. Most of the places I travel to have destination charging, so I will only use the Superchargers when absolutely necessary. I am about to retire and cross country trips will be casual affairs where I don't plan on driving more than 300 miles a day, so the 100D was the right choice....even if I did lose a couple of options I wanted besides the FUSC.

9. shelbri

shelbri Member

I canceled. It wasn't so much the 100d v the 90d. I wanted textile seating as I don't like how leather wears over time. Personal preference. I was disappointed when textile was made available with PuP on the 100d, but I was not allowed to switch without losing FUSC. Textile with PuP was not permitted on 90d. Didn't sit well with me when buying a $100k car. By losing FUSC, I didn't see the need to rush the order.