Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had EAP do you miss it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The subject line likely does not properly address my question, but wasn't sure how to phrase it in shorthand.

I have a Model 3 LR AWD with (legacy) EAP. This means I have NOA, Smart Summon, autopark etc. The only part of FSD that I do not currently have is autopilot on city streets and recognizing and responding to traffic lights / stops signs.

I am thinking about upgrading to a Y, but in Canada FSD at the time of purchase is CDN$10,600.

I love my EAP but mainly for long distance highway driving and auto lane changes.

For those of you that had EAP (or some version of it) and then decided NOT to purchase FSD when you moved into a new model, (and I assume you therefore only have basic AP), do you really miss it? (Tough to ask now when most are probably driving a lot less, but curious).

thx in advance

I can kind of answer the question to some degree, but I'm sure many others will have your specific scenario, and a more accurate answer.

For me, we have a work M3 that doesn't have FSD or EAP, but I purchased it for my personal M3. I drive the work one a decent amount and I don't miss it when I'm driving that one. I do prefer NoA when I'm on a road trip, but my wife yells at me anyway because of the amount of lane changes it does. So to answer your question, I don't think you'll miss EAP features.