Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had to do it again, would anyone NOT get the white interior?

agreif

Mar 3, 2020
Chicago, IL
Never considered the white interior because I thought it would be a disaster with two kids, but as I did as search here I can't seem to find anyone that doesn't love the white. Am I missing any downsides?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Reactions: TLLMRRJ

Hybrid_GHOST

Sep 19, 2020
Tennessee
I’m only a month in, but would definitely do it again! And again I absolutely love them they’re honestly stunning and get compliments like crazy but also the ohhh why would you.... I’ve got 2 kids 5/13 and hv had no issues I put the little ones booster seat on white towel. I cut a slit and slide over the headrest easy peasy!
* first thing I did was coat them them with gyeon leather shield, probably didn’t ~need~ it. But. For 50$. The extra security is nice.

MJP.P3D-

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2016
Chicago
First Tesla : Black Interior
Second Tesla : White Interior
Third Tesla (On order) : White Interior
All future Teslas: White Interior

Truthfully, it is the only “option” that both my wife and I agree isn’t an option: we both love it and wouldn’t consider anything else (given the two options currently available).

Worth noting, we have young children and dogs that ride in the car with great frequency (perhaps a bit less so these days).

Our white interior still looks brand new after 15 months.

No regrets.

AhwatukeeDad

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
We have white on both our 3s with 4 kids and 5 dogs. Bought an X with black seats at the start of the pandemic. I wipe down the X seats every weekend because they always seem dirty. The 3s always seems clean.

never getting black seats again.

ymmv

NpOverspeed

Jun 13, 2020
North Carolina
Two months into ownership and would absolutely get white seats again. I have a four year old and a wife that is a coffee junkie. No incidents requiring anything more than baby wipes but I do not leave the car seat installed. Would definitely get them again.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.4.18.2
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
We've gotten the white interior on 6 Teslas so far. The only time we didn't get the white interior was when we needed immediate delivery (3 Model 3s and a Model Y) and couldn't wait for white. Currently, all four Teslas in the garage have white interiors.

Quantm99

Jun 26, 2019
DC Metro
White interior first time around on the 3, black this time with the Y.
Love the white but I found it too “flashy” and attracted too much attention from everyone. 3s are everywhere around me yet this happens. Kinda got old.

Reactions: afadeev

s33t33

Aug 25, 2020
Wi
No, because even if I bought the white interior, I would've bought seat covers to cover and protect them

I had some really nice clazzio leather seat covers for my last car...was kind of sad that clazzio doesn't do Tesla's yet, so I just bought some 90$ ebay leather seat covers, doesn't look like seat covers from afar, but not as good as the clazzios I used to have, but for 90$, I got white seats =D

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger

joebruin77

Dec 23, 2018
Encino, CA
I have the white interior on my nearly 2-year old P3D and absolutely love it. My previous car was a Subaru WRX with black interior. I am so happy I got the white in my Tesla. It makes the interior feel light and bright and even bigger. By comparison, the black interior of my previous car felt heavy and, at times, a bit depressing.

My white seats look just as good as the day I took delivery. To keep them looking white, you do need to do a bit of upkeep. I wipe them down once every week or two with a general purpose interior cleaner. And if I notice a stain from my kids or my dog, I tend to it right away.

The worst stain I had was from a valet. He must have had a blue thick marker in his back pocket because when I got home, I noticed a large blue marker ink stain on my driver's seat. I used a strong APC and it came right out.

BTW, the glare issue, IMO, is only a major issue if you have your front side windows tinted very dark. I have my windows tinted with a light 55% tint and have no issues at all.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC