Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had to do it again, would anyone NOT get the white interior?

Ol'Blue

Oct 12, 2018
Vancouver
Have white, would repeat.

had a loaner recently with a similar build date to my car that had black, I found that they seemed slightly stiffer. May have been a mental thing from reading other people saying that, but as far as personal experience went, it felt a little stiffer.

I really like the alcantara on the door panels in the black interior, but other then that, I’m happy I went white!

Aellinsar

Aug 2, 2017
Ohio
I'm not a fan of the white seats, though I don't hate them. If price were equal, I'd definitely get black and there's no way I would pay more for white. If black were more expensive, it would depend on by how much.

Reactions: jankratochvil

I<3URANUS

Dec 9, 2019
Dallas
Went with black interior and would probably continue to do so. The only other interior color I like (actually prefer but not an option) is dark/saddle brown. Maybe in the future.

TLLMRRJ

Dec 19, 2019
Houston
If zero maintenance is your thing, then black.

Tell that to the people on other threads with their black headrests getting blistered and their white stains on their black seats. Black is not zero maintenance, so why chop your head off to spite your neck by getting a black interior?? Live life to the fullest, and get white!

Last edited:

DaveG_NJ

Oct 7, 2020
NJ
If you're one of those barbarians who eats food or drinks in the car, white may not be for you. The two things people, without fail, will Oooh and Ahhh about when you give them a ride are 1) the white seats and 2) the acceleration.

Spacep0d

Apr 20, 2019
Wildomar, CA
Never considered the white interior because I thought it would be a disaster with two kids, but as I did as search here I can't seem to find anyone that doesn't love the white. Am I missing any downsides?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

My girlfriend has the MSM with white which I really love, but I love my Pearl White P3D- with the black interior and that awesome wood trim. I wouldn't change a thing! :)

djgarrett21

Jul 22, 2018
Utah
I had white 1st time around and loved it. Went with black on my Y because my wife would stress about the kids staining the seats. Tried to reassure her that the seats would be fine but in the end decided the stress wasn't worth it and went with black on the Y. If it was just me I'd definitely go white again.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ

Need

Nov 22, 2017
SoCal
Our Tesla's got cream (MX) and ultra white (M3) interior and would do it again in a heartbeat! There is really no upkeep unlike our white leather sofa. I do not recommend white leather sofa, but love the white interior of the Tesla's.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ

DaveRZ

Nov 19, 2019
Murrieta, CA
Today is October 14th, and it "only" got to 99 degrees. The next 4 days will be about 100 degrees. We topped out at 122 degrees about a month ago. White interior... every. single. time. (for me). Even if it weren't super-hot 6 months out of the year here, I'd still go white. Very easy to keep clean (1 year/17K miles) and I've wiped them down with meguiar's interior detailer spray twice, both times before I noticed any dirt that needed to be removed, just because I was already going to vacuum anyhow so might as well run a clean rag over the seats.

Stays cool, not hard to keep clean. Family of four, 2 kids in mid-teens.

Reactions: Need

Urbancowboy

Jun 3, 2019
Nashville
On my second 3, both with white. Have 3 boys ages 11, 9, 5. They are like pigpen in Charlie Brown, and I haven’t had a stain yet that didn’t easily come out. Use diluted chemical guys orange cleaner and wipe them down about once a week. Would do white again no question.

Reactions: agreif and TLLMRRJ

WesC

Aug 26, 2018
Las Vegas
2 years in, I still like my white seats. Would do it again. Agree with the issues of a little added glare though (need to cover the white dash trim). Also makes your tints look less dark, which means you have to go darker and risk tickets if its ever measured by a cop (ceiling shades help a lot here though and also cut down on heat radiation in the summer). Also any fit and finish issues are more likely to show with white. Still worth it IMO though.

• Informative
Reactions: Urbancowboy

tccartier

Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2015
AZ.
The mother of all white Tesla interiors.. yes it was a thing in 2012 ✅ and yes if I ever replace my 2012 Sig. It would likely be a white interior if available.

Although not visible in this picture the seats are white just like the door trim panel and the dash panels that are visible. The headliner is also White.

FB_IMG_1602736564947.jpg

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC