Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had to go back to ICE, what would you choose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hellcat, cuz I mean why not. It's an absolute monster of a machine. And will offer the same sense of joy in takeoff as a Tesla.
I would also vote for a Hellcat with a manual. That supercharger whine sounds soooo awesome. Plus, big and comfortable for the commute and can fit 3 kids in the back. It was in my short list of cars before I picked up my model 3.

Reactions: ElectricEel
To my fellow EV converts, if you had to sell your Tesla and buy an ICE vehicle, what would you choose? It's hard for me to imagine going back to ICE, but if I had to, these cars would be at the top of my list:

I don't understand the question. Why would I ever have to go back to a car powered by gasoline?

It's like asking a heterosexual "If you could have sex with any movie star of the same sex, who would it be?". :eek:

I don't understand the question. Why would I ever have to go back to a car powered by gasoline?

It's like asking a heterosexual "If you could have sex with any movie star of the same sex, who would it be?". :eek:
Or...after telling your wife you got an STD, she wanted to kill you... before finding out you had, in fact, traded the Tesla for a manual shift vehicle sitting in the driveway... she then, afterward, still wanted to divorce you for trading in the Tesla for that STD. :)

Last edited:
I would also vote for a Hellcat with a manual. That supercharger whine sounds soooo awesome. Plus, big and comfortable for the commute and can fit 3 kids in the back. It was in my short list of cars before I picked up my model 3.

This guy get it's. I was so close to even getting a Scat pack one, but a Las I saw the price of gas...

Porsche Taycan Turbo S. Lime Green.
In for a penny, in for a pound.

I thought he said no out of reach cars? That cars $200,000 (Don't for get your engine sounds and dealer markup)

I'd probably get a GTR..... didn't see that mentioned yet. Reason, speed and handling, and back seats, for my 2 boys! They are still young, so even though the back seats are tiny, it would work for them.

Maybe a Porsche Panny or the BMW X5m suv, or whatever it's called. I like that it's fast and roomy. But man, that's a guzzler. Glad I don't have to worry about that...

I just wouldn't. I live in Norway where about 100 % of our electricity is hydropower and, compared to most of Europe, fairly inexpensive. After we got out first 2016 TMS75D I was 'sold'. I had a Merc 500 SEC, then an Audi A8 and the wife a 2015 eGolf (fun in Summer, terrible in Winter - no range). So I bought a Tesla for Winter range. The A8 was kept a couple of years as it had a trailer hook, but was hardly used. After not having driven the Audi A8 for about half a year, I had to move it and something was terribly wrong. It hardly moved. I drove it on a little trip and suddenly understood the problem. I had been driving a Tesla. No more fossils for me - what-so-ever!!!

Reactions: Saghost
Actually, I misinterpreted the question, and answered along the lines of "if you couldn't have your Tesla, what would you buy?".
But if I sound less stupid and vaguely witty with the whole Turbo=ICE thing, then please interpret my comment that way :)

• Funny
Reactions: gavine
I would probably go back to what I'm planning to sell when my Model 3 arrives - an E46 M3. It's fun to drive, not terrible on fuel, it's not so computerized that you can't work on it, there are tons of DIY how-to videos on how to wrench on it, etc. I also think the body lines have aged well.

While the E46 has a lot of good attributes I am tired of all the maintenance that our E90 generation BMW requires...$2K to change the gasket on the oil pan because you have to lower the subframe? Please. Definitely tired of that kind of maintenance and cost.

To my fellow EV converts, if you had to sell your Tesla and buy an ICE vehicle, what would you choose? It's hard for me to imagine going back to ICE, but if I had to, these cars would be at the top of my list:

C8 Corvette
Audi RS5
Lexus LC500

Note: It should be realistic and attainable i.e. not a McLaren

Benz S560 Coupe mostly for the interior, but I'd lease it because in 3 years ICE cars are gonna start halving in value.

2020-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-Interior.jpg

Reactions: hydro 481