Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had to go back to ICE, what would you choose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
To my fellow EV converts, if you had to sell your Tesla and buy an ICE vehicle, what would you choose? It's hard for me to imagine going back to ICE, but if I had to, these cars would be at the top of my list:

C8 Corvette
Audi RS5
Lexus LC500

Note: It should be realistic and attainable i.e. not a McLaren

Is it free? If so probably a C8 or some kinda small/mid sized Audi RS (especially if it's got a free extended warranty)

Because otherwise it'd be my 2008 Lexus IS350, since it was reasonably peppy with good handling, and dead reliable with 0 issues in 11 years of ownership- plus fully paid for.

I know there's newer generations of the IS, but sadly they kept making it worse.

(the fact they, and everyone else, kept not making anything 30-60 grand nicer than my paid for Lexus was why I never replaced it until something that was that much nicer came along- the Tesla model 3.)

473.jpg

Around here there are plenty (?) of McLarens. My cousin who retired from NASA has one; not sure of the model but it's fairly recent. I might have had one where it not for the wife's stern look when I told her how much my 3 would cost. Nevermind that her Honda Ridgeline AWD was more (after tax breaks and what not).

Oh, and to answer your question... Probably would be back in a Bimmer. X2 or X3.

To my fellow EV converts, if you had to sell your Tesla and buy an ICE vehicle, what would you choose? It's hard for me to imagine going back to ICE, but if I had to, these cars would be at the top of my list:

C8 Corvette
Audi RS5
Lexus LC500

Def. NOT a Corvette - LC500 is cool. What if McLaren level vehicles are attainable? I do own ICE vehicles in addition to Tesla cars but if I didn't have ICE cars then it would be another Porsche, Mercedes or Lexus product.

This is tough for me, because I've got a long highway commute, and the miles and maintenance on the cars I would want would not make sense for me. I'd probably have another Civic Si as my commuter car, if I'm being honest. If I had a shorter commute and didn't live in the salt belt probably a Shelby GT350 if I didn't want to have four doors, or an BMW M3 if I wanted to keep the four doors. As it is, the P3D couldn't be more suited to my lifestyle and transportation needs.

Reactions: SigNC
I'm not going for practical with these choices.
1. 2016 BMW i8 ~$52,500 on a sticker price of $160,000.
2. 2007/2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP ~ $9,000 and not dropping. Who doesn't love a car designed by Franz.
3. Jeep Wrangler

C8 Corvette
Audi RS5
Lexus LC500

I'd probably choose a regular Audi (I think the RS is too loud/sporty). The Lexus is nice too but way too expensive if we consider comparing to used S or new 3.

I hate all corvettes with a passion.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid
A PHEV, which still counts as an ICE car to me. Probably the Honda Clarity. I love my Honda Accord HEV which I still own and drive once or twice a month (it's to be my daughter's car when she comes of driving age...soon). It's 5 years old and still gets 50 mph. Basically anything that keeps as much CO2 out of the air as possible.