TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

If you had to replace your MS?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sunlight, Oct 25, 2014.

?

If your MS was wrecked/stolen would you replace it with:-

Poll closed Nov 23, 2014.
  1. A similar spec MS

41 vote(s)
    40.2%
  2. A higher spec MS

56 vote(s)
    54.9%
  3. A lower spec MS

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. Wait for the MX

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. Wait for the Model 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Another manufacturer's current EV

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. An ICE car for the foreseeable future

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. A bridging ICE car till the MX/Model 3

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight Member

OK found out how to do a poll!

2. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

I really would like AWD... the 85D is very practical but the P85D looks absolutely INSANE! Would going from a P85 to an 85D be an upgrade or a downgrade?

3. Sunlight

Sunlight Member

Rats I should have given that as an option nwdiver!

Call it a 'higher spec MS'.......

Can I amend the poll questions now?!

4. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

I have no regrets with mine and would choose the same options, which is $500 cheaper than when I bought it, with the possible exception of adding the D and the now cheaper HPWC. On second thought, maybe not worth getting the HPWC if my original UMC wasn't also stolen/destroyed, since I'm only considering it to keep one at home and one in the car. As a bonus, I would get autopilot and the free parcel shelf, among other hardware improvements for sure.

5. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Predict a couple of those zeros will remain at zero

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I think the only thing I would change would be adding the ambient lighting for when I listen to music in the car when in the garage. Otherwise I am completely thrilled with my girl just as she is. And 1K for the lighting is ridiculous, actually.

She is truly a lovely girl.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I'd WANT a higher spec Model S, and perhaps if the insurance $$ got me within range financially of stepping up I would. but I doubt that would happen. Given my financial priorities I just don't see the justification for anything higher than what I have now.

8. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

I'd have a hard time not going for a P85D. But not sure if I'd like the payment.

9. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

I have an 85. I'd get an 85D, so I voted upgrade although it wouldn't be to the performance series.

10. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

I'd be f****d. Insurance companies seem to be low balling and fighting it is a lengthy process. I couldn't remotely afford a new P85 if my Dec 2012 P85 got totaled. Maybe I could find another used one, particularly now with the D's coming out, but odds are really good I'd just be unable to afford another Tesla. Being able to get one at all was a once in a lifetime situation for me.

I'd probably get something like a 3 year Volt or Leaf lease and wait for the Model 3.

11. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

P85D no hesitation whatsoever. At $130K how could you pass up acceleration on par with a $650K+ Ferrari Enzo? :)

12. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

I am not sure if it is offered where you are, but can you get new car replacement insurance as part of your car insurance package?

13. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

I've no idea, but since my P85 is almost 2 years old with 30k miles either it'd probably no longer apply or it'd add a huge premium.

14. Sunlight

Sunlight Member

Hmmm - the 'Higher spec' option has overtaken the 'Same spec' option. That's good news for Tesla......

How many of these higher spec choices have been swayed by the option of AWD/D-versions?

The poll shows astonishing brand loyalty (all right it is a Tesla Owners site but you'd think there were a few disgruntles here by some of the posts/threads) Indeed the 100% loyalty is better than the 96% satisfaction so presumably even the 'dis-satisfieds' would still get another Tesla?!

Ah come on Grumpies, let us know you'd go back to an ICE car!

15. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

I guess let me ask it another way, other than the missing engine rumble what draw would any ICE car have over a P85D?