Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

if you have extra cash to mod Tesla model 3 SR+, what mod would you get?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ditto the others. The only mod I would currently make on a SR+ would be to sell it and get a LR model 3. Not because the SR+ is a bad car or anything (far from it), but because used car values right now mean that you could likely get unprecedented value for your SR+ (likely close to what you paid, especially figuring any incentives you received), making the time you spent driving it basically free.

thanks for all the suggestions. I calculated that I will need to spend extra 16,397 USD to upgrade to a LR AWD but I think that is a money that I could have save it for cybertruck or TSLA stock :).

I have older model year 2019 SR+ so I like the idea investing in auto trunk and 3rd party power upgrade after warranty runs out.

Reactions: Mr X
If it's an older model with the 980 motor, I would buy the power upgrade 3rd party vendors offer. That was my plan on my SR+ when it was out of warranty, until I sold it.

MPP Comfort coilovers, or maybe ST coilovers would be another mod I would have considered until I sold the car.
at what milage were you planning to get the 3rd party power upgrade (if you havn't sold the car)?

at what milage were you planning to get the 3rd party power upgrade (if you havn't sold the car)?
50k miles, which is when the main warranty expires. I was about 15k away from that when I sold the car.

I sold the car for $42k, which is about $4k more than my total net cost of the car (tax, registration), then immediately proceeded to turn my profit into a big expense and purchased a Model 3 Performance.

My 1st SR+ mod would be good summer performance tires, e.g. Bridgestone Potenza Sport, Michelin PS4S, or Conti ECS (+ new wheels if you want).
2nd would be an MPP Party Box.
3rd...probably high quality street-friendly coilovers like Redwood Motorsports Öhlins DFV Performance/GT or MPP Sport/Comfort KW Coilovers. Plus the MPP FLCA spherical bearings while you're at it.

I'll echo what the others said though - now is probably the best time in history to trade a not-too-old used car for a slightly higher end new one. The SR+ is an excellent EV in its own right, but trading up to a new dual motor 3 might cost you surprisingly little right now, and bring major improvements beyond what you could reasonably get modding an SR+.

Last edited:
I just noticed the OP is in Canada. As I understand it the SR+ qualifies for a big government subsidy there, which the dual motor trims don't get, making the effective price difference very large. The crazy used car market might not be enough to justify the tradeup in Canada. (Though I would think AWD would be extra valuable there!)

In that case I stand by my first 3 mod suggestions. 😁 In Canada put the summer tires on a separate set of wheels of course.

2019 SR+. Been thinking about upgrading to a LR but I don't think I can do it. My car has zero flaws and free charging/connectivity

- Ultra blue wrap/black wrapped accents
- Michelin PS4S's
- Black painted headlights
- Unplugged mild springs
- Hansshow full speaker activation
- T-Sportline rims + carbon spoiler
- Digital plate
- RBG interior lights

si7ZGSP.jpg

Vv6saXk.jpg

z1RUOLM.jpg

Last edited:
hello all. if you have extra cash to mod Tesla model 3 SR+, what mod would you get?

I've made a whole raft of mods to my SR car. While I appreciate the idea of selling the car to get a LR, that $15K price differential is not worth it to me.

There are two that are by far my favorites:

1) Matte Screen Protector. It protects the screen, but most importantly reduces glare dramatically. It also has a much nicer finger-feel/smoother than the Tesla default.
2) Rotating screen. Being able to rotate the screen to the driver is killer, really helps the visiblity to be able to see it straight on.

Another that I really like is my third party instrument cluster, because Tesla is just making the normal UI hard to use. With this, I don't have to worry about where the speed and drive setting and odometer will be after next update, and whether they'll use some tiny grey font usable only by people with perfect vision.

img_1455-jpg.709989

I've made a whole raft of mods to my SR car. While I appreciate the idea of selling the car to get a LR, that $15K price differential is not worth it to me.

There are two that are by far my favorites:

1) Matte Screen Protector. It protects the screen, but most importantly reduces glare dramatically. It also has a much nicer finger-feel/smoother than the Tesla default.
2) Rotating screen. Being able to rotate the screen to the driver is killer, really helps the visiblity to be able to see it straight on.

Another that I really like is my third party instrument cluster, because Tesla is just making the normal UI hard to use. With this, I don't have to worry about where the speed and drive setting and odometer will be after next update, and whether they'll use some tiny grey font usable only by people with perfect vision.

img_1455-jpg.709989
Looks awesome. Where did you get your third party instrument cluster?

Looks awesome. Where did you get your third party instrument cluster?

Got mine off Amazon, there are multiple sellers there.

Here's a thread with a lot of good info about the display. I still really like it.

i didnt particularly need the extra range when i bought mine in 6/20 so the extra 10k in price didn't really seem right to get a LR, but i really enjoy my audio upgrade and only spent 1k on it, plus a spoiler which i feel makes the car look complete.
What audio upgrade did you use? Hansshow? I just ordered the version F (full speaker activation, addition of missing 2 rear speakers, and subwoofer). Can’t wait to hear the difference.

2019 SR+. Been thinking about upgrading to a LR but I don't think I can do it. My car has zero flaws and free charging/connectivity

- Michelin PS4S's
- Unplugged mild springs
- Digital plate
- RBG interior lights

Vv6saXk.jpg

Mr X

Am I looking at the Rplate by Reviver?

If so, what do you think? Like it?

If so, did you get it from RPM Tesla?

- Michelin PS4S's
- Unplugged mild springs
- Digital plate
- RBG interior lights

si7ZGSP.jpg

Vv6saXk.jpg

z1RUOLM.jpg
Oh hands down my all-time favorite wrap color. It is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!