Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you like having your blood pressure raised...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fairly simple in a house.

Just need a 32A feed to the garage.

Far more complex in apartment blocks as you need to consider metering/billing and managing usage versus total supply. (Eg. Multiple cars turning on charging at the same time)

And then you've got to consider whether what you might install today will be relevant in 5 years (when you might have cars with V2G)
Even a 15~20A line is fine for slow charge.

At the very least all new buildings, of any type, needs conduit, elect box space, and a location ready. Basically a 30 min snap-in installation that nearly anyone can do.

That's true I don't believe many folks in the EV sector are open about their environmental credentials and there is a big expense in maintaining electric cars so that they do not attract unwelcome attention.
What big maintenance expense are you referring to? In 3 years I’ve replaced my wiper blades….used some water to top up washer fluid…I need to know what I’ve missed!
Which environmental credential are you referring to? Why wouldn’t I tell everyone that I only charge my tesla from my now paid for (environmentally and financially) solar array?
and 2 posts…welcome to the forum!

Reactions: MontyFloyd
That's true I don't believe many folks in the EV sector are open about their environmental credentials and there is a big expense in maintaining electric cars so that they do not attract unwelcome attention.

What a load of absolute rubbish....with the exception of the upfront cost owning an EV (including Tesla) is without the cheapest car re maintenance there is. I have been driving EVs 7 years now so I think I would know a thing or two.

Also, like Paul I have a solar array/battery that charges my EVs (X and 3 these days) from the sun, period.

Oh, and I am a vegetarian as I know cutting down meat is a significant step (possibly more so than the EVs, just less fun).....

That open enough for ya?