Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you think EoQ3 is crazy, just wait 3 months.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fiver

Apr 10, 2015
Utah
A few things dawned on my the last few days. Obviously the EoQ rush is fully on, with all sorts of delivery issues and whatnot as Tesla tries to get as many cars into customer hands as possible before the 1st. If it's this crazy now, I can only imagine how bad it will be EoQ4.

Chatting with a delivery person today, they mentioned that it looks like a few customers will have their deliveries slip into Q4 because of the logistics issues. That's a bummer, but they mentioned not the end of the world, at least they get their cars still...

While not a problem at this moment, it will be a complete nightmare if the same thing happens at the end of next quarter. If deliveries are crazier then they are for Q3 (which they expect) and people get pushed and lose out on the full tax credit, it's going to be a total sh*t-storm.

Let's all hope Tesla get's the delivery situation solved quick, because this could be a PR nightmare.

They can avoid this by scheduling deliveries to end for the holidays on Dec 29th to reserve 30th and 31st, then pull out all the stops for the final 48hours and celebrate the close with a huge company party at 12mn. As a door consolation prize for those past 12mn -- free supercharging for missing the cutoff

There's gonna be A LOT of folks working New Years Eve, for sure.

edit: I suspect there will be a lot of "virtual deliveries" where all the paperwork is completed, signed and essentially the car is put 'in service', but the physical car isn't actually delivered.

We just bought a life insurance policy that was in-effect 'back-dated' to September 1st. It's called a 'save-age' policy. While we are paying premiums starting September 1st, so the insured starting age is lower (by a few days), the actual coverage doesn't start until next month, but the monthly premiums for 10 years is A LOT lower than the one extra month of premiums paid.

Same kind of idea.

Last edited: