Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you traded your 3 for a Y do you have any regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting to question how long it will be for the CT and considering getting a Y for now.

Those of you who had a 3 and traded for a Y what do you miss about the 3?

Do you feel the extra size is actually usable? Is passenger room and comfort better to you?

Thanks

I went from an S > 3 > Y. The S was a little to big to park in parking garages in downtown Washington, DC so we wanted a 3. The 3 was great, but my wife and I both play hockey and it wasn't easy fitting both hockey bags in the trunk of the 3 so we got a Y. The hatch on the Y made it much easier to get things in and out of. Now we have a CT on order so we can fit both hockey bags and both golf bags in the back :)

The 3P definitely handled better than the YP, but not that much. It was also a tiny bit quicker and more efficient. With that being said, I'm glad we got a YP. I think you will too.

Reactions: tm3dlr
I'm 6'4" so getting in and out of the significantly lower seat of the Model 3 was one of the main reasons that I "upgraded" to a Model Y, as well as getting more space, rear seat room, and moving from RWD to AWD.

With the lower center of gravity, the Model 3 definitely handles better and with a sealed trunk, instead of an open hatchback, the Model 3 is also quieter on the road without the booming bass problems that the open hatch area can accentuate. Also, while the suspension is firm in both Models, the Model Y suspension can somehow feel oddly bouncy at times, even on very smooth surfaces.

Reactions: tm3dlr
I went from an S > 3 > Y. The S was a little to big to park in parking garages in downtown Washington, DC so we wanted a 3. The 3 was great, but my wife and I both play hockey and it wasn't easy fitting both hockey bags in the trunk of the 3 so we got a Y. The hatch on the Y made it much easier to get things in and out of. Now we have a CT on order so we can fit both hockey bags and both golf bags in the back :)

The 3P definitely handled better than the YP, but not that much. It was also a tiny bit quicker and more efficient. With that being said, I'm glad we got a YP. I think you will too.

Let's tee it up⛳🏌️‍♂️