Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you want to get really data nerdy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslamate for the win. Can host on Google Cloud for free (small instance) or Digital Ocean droplet for $5 a month with first 3 months free. Then setup an app shortcut from the browser gui so it behaves like an app. The graphana dashboards are awesome for analyzing long term data on your car.

I’ve been using Teslascope for a couple of weeks. So far it think it’s great. I tried TeslaFi at first but didn’t like the interface. I then switched to Stats on my iPhone which was also great and I liked the Siri Shortcuts. However, Stats didn’t give me all of the data that I was looking for. Teslascope provides more in-depth data on all of your charges and drives. It also has Siri Shortcuts, but I just built my own Siri Shortcuts myself by tapping into the Tesla API instead of using the prebuilt ones by Teslascope. Seeing as you’re on Android, the shortcuts don’t matter but you’ll still get all of the data. I think there’s other apps that allow you to create shortcuts on Android (Tasker I think?) but I’m not familiar.

I've been tempted to download one of these. Are there any concerns with sharing the data? I don't fully understand the token process of retrieving info. Sounds to me like they retrieve info from Tesla servers then analyze it further?

I've been using Teslascope since we got our car three weeks ago. I think it's great, but haven't tried the others.

Well, this is odd. I'm replying to my own post. :D

This morning I said the above. This evening I got home from a road trip and Teslascope now wants me to pay $3/month for a premium subscription to see drives and charges, and other things. That's new.

I will be doing some research and comparing TezLab, TeslaMate, and Stats.

• Funny
Reactions: captanzuelo
Well, this is odd. I'm replying to my own post. :D

This morning I said the above. This evening I got home from a road trip and Teslascope now wants me to pay $3/month for a premium subscription to see drives and charges, and other things. That's new.

I will be doing some research and comparing TezLab, TeslaMate, and Stats.

Teslascope is $3/month to include tracking of all of your charges and drives. It’s similar to TeslaFi which charges a subscription too. I’m still on the two week trial with Teslascope which gives you the premium membership for the trial. Maybe you’re trial just ended and that’s why it’s now prompting you.

Reactions: WhyYesPlease
Which app are you using?

I think I'm going to try Teslascope...anybody want to refer me so we can both get a free month of premium?

I’ll be the first one to jump in here: Site | Teslascope

I’ve been using Teslascope for a few weeks now and it seems great so far. There’s been next to no phantom drain on the battery. It polls the status of the car before it sends a signal to wake it up and collect data. If the status returns that the car is sleeping then it won’t wake the car. Pretty good system to collect data without any drain.

• Helpful
Reactions: Koolio46
I have tried several and current pay for a few. I recently picked got into a beta for Evee app that seems to offer some of the perks of teslaFI (webos) as well as Mobile app like TezLab. Not sure if they are taking more testers but I really like what I’ve seen thus far.

I’ll be the first one to jump in here: Site | Teslascope

I’ve been using Teslascope for a few weeks now and it seems great so far. There’s been next to no phantom drain on the battery. It polls the status of the car before it sends a signal to wake it up and collect data. If the status returns that the car is sleeping then it won’t wake the car. Pretty good system to collect data without any drain.
That’s great to know about the lack of phantom drain. Thanks!