Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you were to win a million dollars...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you invest in a p85d? Pay it off in full or get a loan? Let say you have no established credit or any real equality in you name. With the rest of the money try to get into real estate?

even with a free million to play with I'd get the S85D. I'll take the extra range in Normal mode vs the extra insane mode of the P85D.

I'd refi my current house to a 15 year loan and replace both of the daily drivers in the house with Teslas (pay cash on those). I'd keep the rest as a reserve, no more than $100,000 in each account/institution. Diversify the investments if it is anything riskier than a CD.

I could retire on a million flat. I sure wouldn't spend any of it on a car.

A million spent at the rate of $2,000 a month would take over 41 years to spend it all.

A savings account with a 1% interest rate would pay out over $800 a month on the million according to online interest rate calculators.

Last edited:
Being 21 is hard to not spend money on a car. I don't plan on retiring anytime soon. I've blown 30k before on a car. Paid only 12.5 on the car(book value 20k). Blew a motor the rest modifying it. Lost about 10-15k on it. A p85d is the ultimate reasonable car. No need to touch it. I could resell it to tesla in 32months when it's time to upgrade.