TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

If You Won Kimbal's Model 3, What Would You Do With It?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by JonathanD, Apr 13, 2018.

?

If You Won Kimbal's Model 3, What Would You Do With It?

1. Drive it like I stole it

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Keep it and use as my daily driver

22 vote(s)
    64.7%
  3. Try to resell it for a premium

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Donate it to charity

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

2. RayK

RayK Active Member

Selected the first option. I read that as keeping it but treating it as a hanger queen. I'm pretty sure I'd still configure and buy my own car. Wife would probably think I'm crazy; why have TWO cars that you can't put in the garage? Hmmm... now that I think it over some more, maybe I'd sell it. <Ray runs off and puts more money into the Omaze kitty.>

3. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

Since I'm taking delivery soon, I would donate it or sell it and give the proceeds to a charity.

4. gregd

gregd Active Member

Probably give it to my daughter (she's waiting for her invite). Is that considered a charity?

5. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

Interesting question. I'd probably sell it, to be honest, since I can't really think of why I'd want to keep it over my current one and the taxes would be annoying if I kept it.

THAT SAID, I might swap the headliners and pillars from it into mine since it's got the microsuede.

6. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

I would keep it for good causes such as giving test drives, clean energy rally's and events, basically use it as a show car. I would still keep mine as a daily driver and trade it in on a Model Y in a few years.

7. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

I'm pretty sure that they are covering the taxes. On a similar note, has anyone heard if there Is there going to be another Perfect Tesla Raffle this year? The Perfect Tesla Raffle

8. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

If they cover the taxes, that'd potentially change a few things.

9. xmetal

xmetal Member

My own Model 3 should be here soon (fingers crossed) so I would definitely add this one to the garage so that I would never have to discuss with my wife who gets to use the Tesla.

10. RayK

RayK Active Member

From the Omaze webpage:

"This Tesla hasn’t been to space, but it’s still out of this world. With the taxes covered too, it’s time to buckle up and hit the road."

About a 1/4 of the way down the page.

11. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Rideshare Monkey

Keep it and donate my $1000 reservation to Omaze.