Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You Won Kimbal's Model 3, What Would You Do With It?

If You Won Kimbal's Model 3, What Would You Do With It?

• Drive it like I stole it

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Keep it and use as my daily driver

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Try to resell it for a premium

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Donate it to charity

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

RayK

Apr 5, 2016
San Jose, CA
Selected the first option. I read that as keeping it but treating it as a hanger queen. I'm pretty sure I'd still configure and buy my own car. Wife would probably think I'm crazy; why have TWO cars that you can't put in the garage? Hmmm... now that I think it over some more, maybe I'd sell it. <Ray runs off and puts more money into the Omaze kitty.>

gregd

Dec 31, 2014
CM98
Probably give it to my daughter (she's waiting for her invite). Is that considered a charity?

run-the-joules

Turgid Member
Aug 13, 2017
SF Bay
Interesting question. I'd probably sell it, to be honest, since I can't really think of why I'd want to keep it over my current one and the taxes would be annoying if I kept it.

THAT SAID, I might swap the headliners and pillars from it into mine since it's got the microsuede.

Trips

"Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"
Sep 22, 2015
Omaha, NE
I would keep it for good causes such as giving test drives, clean energy rally's and events, basically use it as a show car. I would still keep mine as a daily driver and trade it in on a Model Y in a few years.

Trips

"Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"
Sep 22, 2015
Omaha, NE
Interesting question. I'd probably sell it, to be honest, since I can't really think of why I'd want to keep it over my current one and the taxes would be annoying if I kept it.

THAT SAID, I might swap the headliners and pillars from it into mine since it's got the microsuede.

I'm pretty sure that they are covering the taxes. On a similar note, has anyone heard if there Is there going to be another Perfect Tesla Raffle this year? The Perfect Tesla Raffle

xmetal

Dec 28, 2014
Sarasota, FL
My own Model 3 should be here soon (fingers crossed) so I would definitely add this one to the garage so that I would never have to discuss with my wife who gets to use the Tesla.

RayK

Apr 5, 2016
San Jose, CA
I'm pretty sure that they are covering the taxes.
From the Omaze webpage:

"This Tesla hasn’t been to space, but it’s still out of this world. With the taxes covered too, it’s time to buckle up and hit the road."

About a 1/4 of the way down the page.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC