Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you won the Founder Series Roadster, would you keep it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve gotten a few referrals (each one puts you in a drawing to win a Founders Series Roadster).

I was thinking about what I’d do if I actually won one. Assuming they have to also provide a sweepstakes cash equivalent option (which would be around $150K to $175K probably after taxes)

Obviously depends on everyone’s situation, but it’d be hard for me to justify driving around in a $250K car instead of taking the cash...

Figured I’d ask here just for fun.

I’ve gotten a few referrals (each one puts you in a drawing to win a Founders Series Roadster).

I was thinking about what I’d do if I actually won one. Assuming they have to also provide a sweepstakes cash equivalent option (which would be around $150K to $175K probably after taxes)

Obviously depends on everyone’s situation, but it’d be hard for me to justify driving around in a $250K car instead of taking the cash...

Figured I’d ask here just for fun.

Why would they offer a cash equivalent alternative?

It would be a thrill to drive a few times or on certain trips and the tech is absolutely amazing but I wouldn’t want to drive one around regularly enough to justify keeping it over equivalent cash.

But you’re also talking to someone who wouldn’t be interested in owning a Ferrari/Lambo/etc. Model S/X P100DL are literally my dream cars and even a Performance 3 is close enough!

Realistically, no. financially, you would need to be fairly liquid to be able to drive that car, even just on weekends. I would imagine if you can "afford" a supercar, then yes keep it. insurance and anxiety from fear of theft/damage and people interested in the car crowding you in public would be other factors that make me look the other way

In my daughter's fairy tale storyland, yes.

Or if I was a character in a fast & furious franchise movie, yes.