Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you wondered how those excellent gaps were achieved…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this Russian guy finally saves up enough money to go and buy a car. Off he goes to the Trabant dealership and the salesman says "I'm afraid I have good news and I have bad news"

"What's the good news?"

"Well you certainly have enough money to buy a Trabant" says the salesman

"...and the bad news?"

"I'm afraid there's a bit of a waiting list and you won't be able to take delivery until four years from now"

"Would that be in the morning or in the afternoon?" asks the man with money

"In the morning. Will that be a problem?"

"No. I just wanted to check because I have the plumber coming in the afternoon"

So this Russian guy finally saves up enough money to go and buy a car. Off he goes to the Trabant dealership and the salesman says "I'm afraid I have good news and I have bad news"

"What's the good news?"

"Well you certainly have enough money to buy a Trabant" says the salesman

"...and the bad news?"

"I'm afraid there's a bit of a waiting list and you won't be able to take delivery until four years from now"

"Would that be in the morning or in the afternoon?" asks the man with money

"In the morning. Will that be a problem?"

"No. I just wanted to check because I have the plumber coming in the afternoon"
Reminds me of a summation by a reviewer of the first Yugos imported into the US. "A Fiat...built by communists."

I think the pints were kept with the dart boards and the camp beds ... in the secret space they'd made at the back of the store room by building a wall of boxes to hide it

...and no, I'm not joking

"This whole affair, combined with the confrontation over the sacking of Derek Robinson, possibly contributed in BL’s UK market share declining further to 15 per cent in January 1980" - oh yes, obviously (lol). It had nothing to do with the shite quality of the shite product they were turning out