Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If your dashcam stops working...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other day I noticed that the TeslaCam dashcam wasn't working in my 2018 Model S, which was running 2022.16.3 at the time. I checked the alerts and saw an error message about the USB file system being corrupt -- although I use separate USB's for the dashcam and music, I assumed this was for the dashcam since music is still working. Note that I actually use a microSD with USB adapter for my dashcam.

I removed the music USB so I could reformat the dashcam USB in the car (you can't format if you have more than one USB device). The format completed with no errors, but the dashcam still didn't work. I looked at the USB on my Mac and saw that although it had been formatted, there was no TeslaCam folder. I reformatted it and added the folder, and that resolved the issue.

The take away: if you format your dashcam USB in the car and it doesn't work, check the USB on your computer and make sure it has a TeslaCam folder. That should be created automatically, so I don't know what that didn't happen this time.