Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If your seat creaks take it in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 5,000 miles my driver seat started to creak when driving. I took it in to the service center and they fixed it. They tightened some bolt and applied something to bolt. It had a fancy name but I think its just loctite. Seat no longer makes a sound

Just a tip for anyone having this issue. I think its a common one since my loaner also had the same issue.

I had this issue about 3 times in a 2013 P85 with the 1st gen seats, and had it adjusted each time at the service center. The last time (and about 45k miles into the warranty), they just replaced the entire seat. That kind of service will keep me in a Tesla as long as they are around.

I had this issue about 3 times in a 2013 P85 with the 1st gen seats, and had it adjusted each time at the service center. The last time (and about 45k miles into the warranty), they just replaced the entire seat. That kind of service will keep me in a Tesla as long as they are around.
I was surprised how helpful they actually were.
I had a piece of leather sticking out of the steering wheel. It was there from the day I picked up. They replaced the entire steering wheel

my drivers seat has creaked for years. Service never said anything about that one. I sat in my passenger side once and noticed that it made a popping sound in one spring so it was replaced. The new passenger seat sucks because it sits at least 1 inch higher, maybe more even, I like the original height of my drivers seat. Sometime in 2013 all cars had higher seats in the front, not sure exactly what changed?

I have mine on my list for my 50k service. It makes all sorts of clicks and noises. It often feels like something shifts in the back and it rocks sometimes when coming to a stop. I am a 150lb female, so I am pretty sure I am not the cause of any of it.

I will be interested to see if they can fix it or if I will get a new seat. Do they even keep the performance red trimmed seats anymore?

I wonder if we could just figure out what bolt it is and do it ourself . I have a feeling this problem will be popping up again. The build quality is nowhere near other cars iv owned.

It's not too hard to tighten up the bolts for the seats. I did this on my own and it helped. I think Tesla torques them down to a certain spec, but I found that going a bit tighter than that helped on my old P85. If you move the seat all the way forward, you can see the rear blots, vice versa for the front bolts.