Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You're Reserving -what car are you coming from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Sold my first car (2007 Dodge Charger) when I started college. Bought my Sonata used after I graduated. It'll have well over 100,000 miles on it by late 2017. Saw news late last month that Tesla was taking reservations on Model 3s starting March 31. I jokingly polled my girlfriend and parents as to whether or not I should reserve one. Spent the next 2-3 weeks realizing it wasn't as crazy as it sounds. Finally dove into research mode, fell in love, and decided it was worth the investment. Living in California, it's never too early to reduce your carbon footprint. And having driven a Model S twice now, a Tesla is unlike anything I've ever experienced - far more impressive and enjoyable to drive than any "car" I've ever driven. And by the time I get mine, who knows if I'LL even need to drive it at all. It might drive me. Can't wait.

Reactions: sundaymorning
Well I've been holding off for years in getting a new car since I haven't been inspired by anything until Tesla came out with the Model S. I'm a big tech geek so the features on a Tesla really tug at my tech-filled heart. I've been driving my 2001 Nissan Sentra waiting for the Model 3 to arrive. 2017/2018 can't come soon enough.

I just realized that next year I will of had my Sentra for half my entire life and 80% of my driving life. It'll be wierd to drive something new. A welcome change though for sure.

I currently own a Infiniti QX60 and a Nissan Rouge... The Model 3 will be replacing the QX60 actually. I'm a small business owner but I can 100% survive with the Rogue for my business needs. Don't need such a big vehicle anymore and eventually when the Model Y gets here (and hopefully it's a CUV) it will replace my Rogue and possibly Model 3 because I would purchase 2 Model Y's for the wife and I.

Reactions: sundaymorning
2007 Toyota Prius 230k miles (original owner), considered turning it into a plug in around 2009 but the price was too high to cover the benefit of a small amount of EV miles.

Was waiting forever for the gen 4 prius to come out thinking it would have 65+ mpg or a plug in that went 50+ miles. I got sick of waiting around 2013 and then I discovered the model 3. Have been waiting since.

The disappointing specs of the gen 4 prius and prius prime affirmed my choice.

Another Mazda 3 owner here. Good MPG, it's a hatchback, not slow, and has good features for a good price. So, pretty much the same reasons as I want the Model 3. And if the Tesla drives as well as my beloved previous MINI Cooper(s), I'll be very happy.

Before that it was a slew of German cars which became a bear to maintain once they reached 100,000 miles. Now that I'm older and wiser, I realize lower Total Cost of Ownership makes me happier than the badge on the hood.