TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

If You're Reserving -what car are you coming from?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by sandange, Mar 24, 2016.

1. sandange

sandange sandange

Especially curious if you are coming from another EV

Just curious what model automobile you are coming from

Care to share why?

2. Lokolo

Lokolo Member

I am going to be coming from a non-electric Mazda3.

I like the number 3.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

• Like x 3
  3. ELRev

ELRev Member

2012 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Sold my first car (2007 Dodge Charger) when I started college. Bought my Sonata used after I graduated. It'll have well over 100,000 miles on it by late 2017. Saw news late last month that Tesla was taking reservations on Model 3s starting March 31. I jokingly polled my girlfriend and parents as to whether or not I should reserve one. Spent the next 2-3 weeks realizing it wasn't as crazy as it sounds. Finally dove into research mode, fell in love, and decided it was worth the investment. Living in California, it's never too early to reduce your carbon footprint. And having driven a Model S twice now, a Tesla is unlike anything I've ever experienced - far more impressive and enjoyable to drive than any "car" I've ever driven. And by the time I get mine, who knows if I'LL even need to drive it at all. It might drive me. Can't wait.

• Like x 1
  4. pmich80

pmich80 Between U and me I'm giddy waitin' for the Model ≡

Well I've been holding off for years in getting a new car since I haven't been inspired by anything until Tesla came out with the Model S. I'm a big tech geek so the features on a Tesla really tug at my tech-filled heart. I've been driving my 2001 Nissan Sentra waiting for the Model 3 to arrive. 2017/2018 can't come soon enough.

I just realized that next year I will of had my Sentra for half my entire life and 80% of my driving life. It'll be wierd to drive something new. A welcome change though for sure.

• Like x 5
  5. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

2008 Honda Accord and I CANNOT wait until I get my first EV. Still have to wait about two years, but I've been waiting since 2012, so not much longer.....

• Like x 2
  6. trinites1a

trinites1a Alfred | X60D

I currently own a Infiniti QX60 and a Nissan Rouge... The Model 3 will be replacing the QX60 actually. I'm a small business owner but I can 100% survive with the Rogue for my business needs. Don't need such a big vehicle anymore and eventually when the Model Y gets here (and hopefully it's a CUV) it will replace my Rogue and possibly Model 3 because I would purchase 2 Model Y's for the wife and I.

• Like x 1
  7. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

I, too, will be coming from an ICE-y "3".

Audi A3.

Why? AP for long trips, the savings in gas and maintenance, and the ability to get an OTA update to make the car better are huge selling points for me.

8. mrounds

mrounds Member

I'll be upgrading from a 2007 VW Rabbit with 108k miles on her! Can't wait to finally be driving an EV, a Tesla none the less!

9. Bruin1996

Bruin1996 Member

My wife's 2009 Subaru Forester. I just sold my 2006 Acura TL this week and will be picking up my Model S 90D this weekend. =) We're keeping the 2014 Odyssey for long road trips and situations where we need 8 seats.

10. wilhelmspencer

wilhelmspencer Model 3 Reserved 3/31/16 In Store 10:20 PST

This question would make a really interesting poll. If OP doesn't want to make one I will.

11. Foxhound199

Foxhound199 Member

Tally another Mazda 3 for me. Couldn't see myself driving a car as big as the S, so I'm really looking forward to the 3!

12. ifwinterends

ifwinterends Member

2005 Toyota Prius. I am the original owner and never thought I'd want another car until I saw my first Model S.

• Like x 3
  13. SureValla

SureValla Member

2007 Toyota Prius 230k miles (original owner), considered turning it into a plug in around 2009 but the price was too high to cover the benefit of a small amount of EV miles.

Was waiting forever for the gen 4 prius to come out thinking it would have 65+ mpg or a plug in that went 50+ miles. I got sick of waiting around 2013 and then I discovered the model 3. Have been waiting since.

The disappointing specs of the gen 4 prius and prius prime affirmed my choice.

• Like x 2
  14. nickpants

nickpants Member

2012 mustang convertible.

15. SureValla

SureValla Member

how many miles you have on that Sentra?

16. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

We should we share with a new member who doesn't share?

• Dislike x 2
  17. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

We leased a 2016 Leaf last weekend, the Model 3 will replace it.

18. rnelsonee

rnelsonee Member

Another Mazda 3 owner here. Good MPG, it's a hatchback, not slow, and has good features for a good price. So, pretty much the same reasons as I want the Model 3. And if the Tesla drives as well as my beloved previous MINI Cooper(s), I'll be very happy.

Before that it was a slew of German cars which became a bear to maintain once they reached 100,000 miles. Now that I'm older and wiser, I realize lower Total Cost of Ownership makes me happier than the badge on the hood.

• Like x 2
  19. Brad_NC

Brad_NC Member

1989 VW Cabriolet

It's almost as old as I am, haha (actually some of the parts in it that were used to repair it before I owned it are older than me).

• Like x 2
  20. Josh the German

Hi folks,

since nearly 20 years we are driving affordable Italian cars, at present Lancia Delta, Alfa Romeo Giulietta and just for fun a Coupé Fiat shown in my avatar.

Best regards from Germany

Josh