Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you're waiting for delivery, drop into the store ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to my SA today who got me the below:

Data Points:
Original Order: 08/23 LR AWD MSM/Black AP 18" Aero - Delivery Date Unknown!
Matched Order: 09/16 LR AWD Performance MSM/Black AP 19" Sport Wheels - Delivery Date 09/20 (WOOT)
VIN: 5YJxxx (not sure what's safe to put here)

I'll update with build date once I have delivery of the car.

WOW! wOW !!! I cannot believe that. You hit the jackpot with this. I would probably be MIA on the weekend that I got this. What an amazing upgrade. If my SA is reading this, I want this :).

Reactions: CASE01
WOW! wOW !!! I cannot believe that. You hit the jackpot with this. I would probably be MIA on the weekend that I got this. What an amazing upgrade. If my SA is reading this, I want this :).

From what it sounded like on the forum they had "NO IDEA" they dropped. I wasn't expecting this at all they just checked and some available popped up and they said "YOU better take this, NOW"

Does your SA read the forums lol

Unfortunately yes he does. A few weeks ago I made the "End of Quarter Tent" joke and he called me a few days later to tell me that Tesla didn't do that anymore and that this was something exaggerated on the forums. Not certain if he is attuned to this particular forum or the official Tesla forum, but yes he does read some of what we write. I wouldn't be surprised if many are watching the Youtube videos as well.

Unfortunately yes he does. A few weeks ago I made the "End of Quarter Tent" joke and he called me a few days later to tell me that Tesla didn't do that anymore and that this was something exaggerated on the forums. Not certain if he is attuned to this particular forum or the official Tesla forum, but yes he does read some of what we write. I wouldn't be surprised if many are watching the Youtube videos as well.
Lol freedom of speech everyone is just trying to voice their opinions and trying to get a better understanding of what tesla does just like what he's doing in the forums so whatever we say he shouldn't make a big deal.. we are here to make the company succeed lol

for everyone asking, build date is 9/19 on the sticker, so looks like more are rolling out! Store told me that this one literally came off the truck last night.View attachment 455694
I always thought it was funny that people said the stealth's were temporary from a batch of oops's... They'll keep making them as long as it keeps bumping up their profit margin or they run out of excess P motors or whatever the real deal is. Enjoy! :)

Yeah so basically it seems like tesla is just making this under the table. I don't see anything wrong with the motor I think tesla is telling us that just for a sales pitch.. people are getting 9/19 builds stealth.. motor number tbd though. But my assumption is it's just a software push...
There is a separate thread going on and all the new cars have different part numbers for the performance motors. My thought is they tried to have binned motors before without a part number and it let to a lot of confusion so they have 2 numbers now. That points to the AWD rear motor not being rated for a performance update.

There is a separate thread going on and all the new cars have different part numbers for the performance motors. My thought is they tried to have binned motors before without a part number and it let to a lot of confusion so they have 2 numbers now. That points to the AWD rear motor not being rated for a performance update.

That still hasn’t really been confirmed .... Correlation != causation.

We don’t know definitively what the actual difference is between the -980 and -990 motors.

Have a link handy by chance?

People here have generally been posting the first 3 digits of the last 6 numbers. Mine is 433xxx. I have a msm/m3p- with 18s and build date of 7/19. If yours is around 500xxx, I’d be surprised if it’s 7/19...thus a newer build.

VINs are not sequential. Mine has a 422xxx VIN with a September 2019 build date. The only way to find the build date is to look at the sticker in the driver door jamb