Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you're waiting for your VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered online 3/31, invited to configure 4/13, configured 4/15, received June delay email, will be an at-home delivery.

So I've been religiously refreshing my Tesla account waiting for my reservation number to change from a VIN. Tuesday morning I gave in and refreshed my account to still see the RN. 15 minutes later I received a call from a Las Vegas number, which I normally don't answer unknown numbers but decided to pick it up.

It was my Tesla adviser asking for my paperwork! What? I hadn't even applied yet, indicating I was waiting for a VIN. He replied that he had my VIN and in fact my car was already en route! It's already halfway to its destination. I said I had just checked this morning, no VIN. He said that they aren't updating the Tesla account with VIN numbers until the paperwork is done anymore, because it causes too many issues. He didn't go into detail, just more along the lines of too many phone calls asking for updates once they have it.

So now I'm trying to rush and get loan applications out, processed, etc by tomorrow or else I risk not getting my car until end of June. I wanted to share my experience since I hadn't seen anyone else state the same. You may receive a call before you see any changes. Or I'm an anomaly :)

Ordered online 3/31, invited to configure 4/13, configured 4/15, received June delay email and nothing so far for me. No calls, no VIN assignments, nothing but silence :(

Congrats on the call!! I am still waiting for mine.... refreshing every hour.... the wait continues...