Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you've had dealings with Carbon One, please read.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

Just a brief update to bring you all up to speed.

John arrived last friday and we're working on setting up shop here in south Florida. Our plan is to start by dedicating the early part of the week towards working through the backlog.

While I'm not yet ready to promise anyone a hard delivery date, I can tell you we're going to start by working on door sills first.

So, sometime Monday afternoon, I will have some pictures of us working on new door sills to fulfil for Tesla owners who are owed them.

As always, feel free to email or call me directly should you have any questions.

Thanks for your continued patience,

Alan

Ssshhh!!! You'll jinx it! :D

As we get set up, John has been showing me some small things here and there. The one thing I realize now, more than anything, is just how long it can take to make even a small part. It's so many steps, often repeated again and again, that make it incredibly time consuming.

Pics on Monday. :)

Hey there cats and dogs, just a quick update, as promised.

I was hoping we'd get to work on the door sills, since they represent the single greatest number of parts owed, but we found out the molds cracked during the move. So, until we can make new molds (Hopefully later this week), we got to work on some air vents.

It's not much to look at tonight, since we sprayed gel coat into the mold and have to let it cure, but the carbon gets laid into the molds first thing in the morning.

Here's John spraying the gel-coat into one of the molds:

2011-11-14_20-18-18_602.jpg

These are the molds. Once we knock out the two outstanding orders, we'll be looking to make new molds.

2011-11-14_16-50-57_329.jpg

Here, and I apologize for the crappy quality of my cell phone pictures, you can see the texture of the gel coat. The molds themselves are nice and smooth, so this lets us know the gel-coat is laying down nice and even.

2011-11-14_20-27-16_387.jpg

2011-11-14_20-27-04_782.jpg

Here's the other side, post-spray.

2011-11-14_20-18-42_70.jpg

2011-11-14_20-18-51_981.jpg

I'll have pics with Carbon laid up for you all to check out tomorrow. :)

G'nite,
Alan

@Strider: I'm with you on this one. The more carbon I see, the more I want.

That having been said; without satisfying existing orders, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable offering to sell more product, though.

It'd seem disingenuous at best and sleazy at worst.

Once everyone gets what they're owed and satisfied, I think we'll all be ready to move forward. :)

@Strider: I'm with you on this one. The more carbon I see, the more I want.

That having been said; without satisfying existing orders, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable offering to sell more product, though.

It'd seem disingenuous at best and sleazy at worst.

Once everyone gets what they're owed and satisfied, I think we'll all be ready to move forward. :)
Yep, that was what I meant by my post. Once I receive the door sills I already paid for then I'll be willing to send more $$ for air inlets - I'm also interested in tail light surrounds. So if you guys can deliver I'm ready to keep buying :)

Transparency is an excellent way to make it good.

Those of you who have ordered the Tesla Mesh Top know that an email order puts the build process in motion (albeit slowly when day jobs interfere).

When the hand built Mesh Top is finished the customer is contacted with a paypal request. Purchase comes with a risk free 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee. Being on the waiting list carries no obligation for the customer to buy one if they change their mind. No one has sent one back. ;)

Hi Alan:

I'm from the Lotus forum, and have done business with you.

John Perez still owes me a pair of my OEM front access covers and rear wing assembly.

He has had my parts for over a year now, and have promised to send me my parts and the CF parts; but you’ve heard that story before.

Here’s the last few emails I’ve had with John.

Hopefully I’ll get my parts before the end of this year.

Adam how are you?! I'm so very sorry for everything. I understand that
means nothing, but I feel terrible for stringing this on even more. I
have your package will be picked up tomorrow. When it is, I'll let you
know. It should be around 10ish my time. Maybe 11. AM that is.

I'll shoot you an email then to keep you posted.

Have a great day, hope all is well and you had a great weekend.

John

--
John Perez
[email protected]

.....Anyways... I did email the dimensions. Weather you believe me or
not it doesnt matter because here are the dimensions again. 40x14x8.
Thats for all four of the access covers. I'll let you know the
dimensions of the wing this week. I'd like to first just get this box
out of the way. If you can give me the shipping label then that would
be great. I have someone who works with me who can take the package to
FedEx, UPS, or USPS for us. If you'd like me to take updated pictures
for you to show you they are still in the condition they were in
before, and they are still finished and ready to go please do let me
know. I'll unbox them and take a few good pictures in the sun and
flourescent lighting for you.

Hope once you see the quality it will make you feel better about all
of this because regardless of what goes on outside our emails, I still
want you to be happy with the parts I send you.

Thanks!

John

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Co Chen <[email protected]> wrote:
> John:
>
> I spoke to our customer fulfillment personnel regarding your communication
> with her. She stated that she had left a message for you to provide the
> dimensions of the box to her, so she could provide you with the Fedex
> shipping label. Since you did not respond to her request, it resulted in you
> not receiving the Fedex shipping label. This is just another example of your
> lack of follow through and unprofessionalism.
> As per my last email, if you could provide the total weight and dimensions
> of the shipping box –
> I will email you the Fedex shipping label again. If not, you will have to
> answer to many more law enforcement agencies regarding you fraudulent
> business practices.
>
>
> Adam
> From: John Perez <[email protected]>
> To: Co Chen <[email protected]>
> Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2011 2:28 PM
> Subject: Re: Shippment

I'm sorry your upset Adam but I've been waiting for the tracking slip.
> Unless you changed your mind and want me to purchase the slip then I
> understand why I have not gotten it. After I spoke with your secretary
> I was supposed to send the box dimensions. I did a few days later, (I
> apologize for not getting back to her sooner) but since then I've had
> no slip. I checked my emails and went through my spam and I don't have
> anything. I showed you pictures of the pieces and like I said, as soon
> as I can get a slip they will be out the door.
>
> Anyways, let me know if you have any information about this. I'll be
> looking forward to getting this shipped as much as you are Adam.
>
> Thank you and have a great weekend!
>
> John
>
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Co Chen <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi John:
>>
>> It's now September 2011, almost a full year since I sent you my front
>> access covers and the rear wing from my 2008, Lotus Exige 240S.
>> Since I have not heard back from you after leaving numerous telephone
>> messages.
>> I've file a complaint with the FBI internet fraud center; this will be
>> followed by a complaint to the Illinois state attorney general's office.
>>
>> You should be hearing from the respective state and federal agencies soon.
>>
>>
>> Adam
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> From: John Perez <[email protected]>
>> To: Co Chen <[email protected]>
>> Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:32 AM
>> Subject: Re: Shippment
>>
>> I thought I included it before. I see I didn't my apologies.
>> John Perez
>> 1104 22nd st.
>> Rockford, I'll
>> 61108

>> John
>> On Aug 24, 2011 10:20 AM, "Co Chen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Hi John:
>>> I need your
>>> current address to generate a new pick up from FedEx.
>>> Please get the shipment out promptly;
>>>
>>> my patience is at its end regarding you're lack of professionalism and
>>> common business practice.
>>>
>>>
>>> Adam
>>>
>>> From: John Perez <[email protected]>
>>> To: [email protected]
>>> Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 3:51 PM
>>> Subject: Shippment
>>>
>>> Adam how was your weekend?! I just got off the phone with FedEx... I
>>> made myself look like a fool. I spent an hour trying to get a pickup
>>> scheduled and half an hour on the phone with them for them to point
>>> out that the label was a one time click label. Meaning that I was only
>>> allowed to click and print it once. Once I do that the link expires.
>>> Since I tried doing it again, the website blocked access to the label
>>> so that way the same label cant be used twice, leaving the customer
>>> with two bills to pay.
>>>
>>> ... Then once the lady told me to read the entire email out loud to
>>> her and I came across the part where it said the label expires I felt
>>> even worse...
>>>
>>> I hate having to put you through so much garbage Adam, but can you
>>> have the label reinstated? She said it won't cost extra...
>>>
>>> Once you do that, I'll create a pickup right away. I'm hoping you can
>>> make the new label tonight so I can get a pickup for tomorrow.
>>>
>>> John
>>> 630.544.7675

Hey guys,

I apologize for neglecting this post. I've been busy trying to finish some parts and it looks like we'll have the new molds for the door sills laid up tomorrow. :)

Senna's Dad: when you have minute, can you give me a call? My cell is 310-902-1050. I often find a five minute call can clear up a bunch of back and forth messaging. If you're owned parts, I'll make sure you get them. (in fact, I think the front access covers might be done, but I need to double check to make sure. Either way, we have those molds on hand, so I can get them laid up in a reasonable amount of time.)

Once I get through the back log, the only way I'm willing to take money is if I have a part to mail the same day. I'm not looking to get into the habit of taking money for a part for which I have a mold.

If it's something that needs to be wrapped, or something requiring the creation of a new mold, all I'll need up front is the part. Once the part is complete and ready to ship, only then will I request payment

I can't think of a scenario in which I'd request up front funding.

Frankly, I'm not in a position where I need to sell a single part in order to purchase the materials necessary to manufacture another. :)

Last edited:
In the interest of rebuilding their goodwill, carbon one should adopt a policy of payment upon shipping for future orders. Just a suggestion!

Thanks for then suggestion. We won't be taking payment until the time a product is actually going to ship.

Also, and to make sure I'm super, extra clear about my involvement with Carbon One: I am not Carbon One. I am currently involved in a partnership with the owner of that former company, but I am in no way related to any of the business of that company outside trying to clean up their mess.

If someone comes to you from "Carbon One" and tries to sell you a sandwich, tell them to pound sand. :D

You seem to have lost some steam.....?! Please do let us know how you are progressing

thanks

I promise you we haven't. :)

As an aside, If anyone is ever wondering what we're doing, please feel free to call, text, or email me at any time. My cell number is 310-902-1050 and has been since 2002.

I'll do my very best to keep a more watchful eye on this thread, moving forward.

Well guys, I'm sorry this isn't happening as quickly as I'd expected, but I've found the manufacturing process is significantly longer than I'd imagined.

That having been said... check out what I have... :D

2011-12-02_22-52-42_199.jpg

Since it only seems fair to ship the parts first to those who have waited longest, these will go out to John Benji4 on Monday. (We're going to polish them one more time before they go out.)

One thing worth mentioning, is how entirely dissatisfied we were with the way the factory leaves the vents in the air duct wide open to the world. I don't love the way they don't have a system to stop road debris from passing through the vent and getting trapped inside. (I assume you are all finding tons of leaves and other undesirables inside.)

Anyway, after spending what was probably more time trying to figure out a way to resolve the issue than we should have, we came up with a solution that both improves overall airflow, while implementing a system to keep undesirable particulate matter out from where it belongs.

We've got another set in the mold right now, plus we've been working on the replacements to the door sills, so things are looking up.

Again, I'm sorry I can't get these out faster, but we've officially got lift off. :D

Last edited:
Thought you guys weren't looking for new business until you shipped the backlog? Facebook

E.g.

Jay Sitapara*How much do you charge for these? I am in Coral Springs and have an 07 GT.17 November at 03:02*·*Like

G3 Composites, LLC*We'll have the first one available as soon as Monday and the retail price is $599. If you can let us install it for you and take some pictures for our website, I can hook you up with an extra 10% off. If you want it, call me at 310-902-1050 to make arrangements to drop off the car.18 November at 03:47*·*Like

Jay Sitapara*Sorry more than I can afford right now.18 November at 03:49*·*Like

G3 Composites, LLC*No worries. If you're on a budget, a few companies carry the Chinese imported knock-offs. The quality isn't great, but looks nice over the short term for a steal. If you ever need anything from us, feel free to drop me a line personally.18 November at 04:01*·*Like*

By the way, there's a composites company in Salt Lake City called G3 Engineering, LLC - just in case they think the name is a bit too similar.