Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IFTTT or google home/alexa integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If using Android, Tesla Quick Settings is quite good - free to trial, then a couple of quid to buy.
Does need you to set up multi-factor authentication in the Tesla site, or have an OAuth token to use.

Tesla Quick Settings - Google Play Store

I have the "open charge port" tile alongside my Wifi/bluetooth/torch tiles - just a quick swipe down from the top of the screen.

Other tiles, as an example: Tesla SoC %, set charge limit, enable sentry mode, enable HVAC, along with the usual lock/unlock, open trunk/frunk.

Still has the slight delay if the car needs to wake, but it does avoid having to go through the app.

The app author, Dan, is very quick to respond to issues/queries too.

If you don't want to pay for the Stats or Remote for Tesla apps (on iPhone), you can download the Watch app for Tesla.

It was initially just a standalone app for the watch, but because of Apple requirements for their apps, it has to have a companion app for the phone, so you don't actually need a watch to use it. The developer is very responsive (on github) and there are now Siri shortcuts for it, that you could run using NFC tags and the Shortcuts app.

If you don't want to pay for the Stats or Remote for Tesla apps (on iPhone), you can download the Watch app for Tesla.

It was initially just a standalone app for the watch, but because of Apple requirements for their apps, it has to have a companion app for the phone, so you don't actually need a watch to use it. The developer is very responsive (on github) and there are now Siri shortcuts for it, that you could run using NFC tags and the Shortcuts app.
Thanks @darkNstormy. Wife had the app for her watch so I tried it and I’ve now downloaded it. It works a treat. Cheers! 😁 😁
EDIT
Mrs D now humpy because she can’t get the Siri commands to work on her watch 😂 😂. I wind My watch and it tells the time!

Last edited:
I'd love for Alexa to be able to unlock the chargeport. I get her to turn off the lights on my way out, would be handy to give this command at the same time.

Another option would be a standalone smart button (Flic button I think) somewhere in the garage when I walk in. Pressing that would trigger the action.

the Siri commands are now working happily from watch and two iphones.
Odd thing. Whe the car is in deep sleep Siri reports that something went wrong but the required has properly taken place. Must be a lag from waking.
i can live with that.
it could just be that Siri always responds to hey Siri with “uh huh” and it always makes me laugh slowing my ability to give a sensible command 😂