Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last two weeks, I had two projects done on my car, one was to have the black trim painted as I've always wanted to do that, and the other one was to apply a ceramic coating on my car.

Three years ago when I bought my Tesla new, I had Opti-Coat Pro applied on my car. It was a good coating. However, it wasn't as glossy and shiny as a fresh wax. I did it as a paint protection more than anything, but for the money, you would want to have both.

I did some research since the ceramic coating products have doubled if not tripled since 2014, so I wanted to make sure I spend the money on something excellent. In the end, I decided to go with IGL Kenzo.

Kenzo got very good reviews, but since it's brand new, there weren't many out there compared to Opti or Quartz, but according to the people who applied it, they loved it. It is more scratch resistant than the competition, 10H vs. 9H and less for the others. Also, for the green in me, it's green! (IGL from iGreenLover)

My car was at the detailer for three days, and that included paint correction and three coats of Kenzo. It also requires five days of curing, so you can't wash it during the curing period. The outcome was worth it, however!
It wasn't cheap, but the gloss on my car had was exceptional! It looks as if the car is wrapped in plastic!

I'm attaching some pictures so you can see what I mean, and that was after three days since application, and after two days of rain, without washing in between.

A shoutout to Raamy at 467inc.com in Pickering was who very professional, knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. He kept me informed throughout the entire process.

IMG_20170408_4.jpg

IMG_20170408_5.jpg

IMG_20170408_6.jpg
IMG_20170408_7.jpg

IMG_20170408_1.jpg
IMG_20170408_2.jpg

IMG_20170408_3.jpg

Reactions: 03DSG
In the last two weeks, I had two projects done on my car, one was to have the black trim painted as I've always wanted to do that, and the other one was to apply a ceramic coating on my car.

Three years ago when I bought my Tesla new, I had Opti-Coat Pro applied on my car. It was a good coating. However, it wasn't as glossy and shiny as a fresh wax. I did it as a paint protection more than anything, but for the money, you would want to have both.

I did some research since the ceramic coating products have doubled if not tripled since 2014, so I wanted to make sure I spend the money on something excellent. In the end, I decided to go with IGL Kenzo.

Kenzo got very good reviews, but since it's brand new, there weren't many out there compared to Opti or Quartz, but according to the people who applied it, they loved it. It is more scratch resistant than the competition, 10H vs. 9H and less for the others. Also, for the green in me, it's green! (IGL from iGreenLover)

My car was at the detailer for three days, and that included paint correction and three coats of Kenzo. It also requires five days of curing, so you can't wash it during the curing period. The outcome was worth it, however!
It wasn't cheap, but the gloss on my car had was exceptional! It looks as if the car is wrapped in plastic!

I'm attaching some pictures so you can see what I mean, and that was after three days since application, and after two days of rain, without washing in between.

A shoutout to Raamy at 467inc.com in Pickering was who very professional, knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. He kept me informed throughout the entire process.

IMG_20170408_4.jpg

IMG_20170408_5.jpg

IMG_20170408_6.jpg
IMG_20170408_7.jpg

IMG_20170408_1.jpg
IMG_20170408_2.jpg

IMG_20170408_3.jpg
DO YOU STILL LIKE YOUR IGL CERAMIC COATING? I AM CONSIDERING IT TOO AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR 1YEAR REVIEW. THX