Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ikea Twin Mattress Fits a Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If helpful for anyone, I had to move a foam twin Ikea Mattress and it fits perfectly in the back of a Y. Fit is perfect between the wheel wells.
7950578D-0D19-47B1-B845-1181A64E2FF8.jpeg

Now…. Could that fit a model 3? I assume it would right

Yup, I have this Ikea mattress for my M3LR and it fits great! It is pretty long and I have to move the front seats up a little bit to get it completely flat, but its really nbd.

It's a hella good mattress for the price btw - I've done quite a bit of car camping on many road trips, this one is the 3rd different mattress I've tried and definitely my favorite so far (other 2 were a Costco and some rando Amazon one).

Does it fold up so you can put the back seats up while driving?

It doesn't technically fold, but it has enough flexibility that I am able to easily roll the cabin half of the mattress back into the trunk (where the mattress sits in a 'C' shape if that makes sense) to put the seats back up. In fact the mattress is sitting like this in my trunk at this very moment with sheets, pillow, etc. all rolled up in the trunk as I have been traveling & car camping somewhat frequently lately 😁

That said, when I sell my 3 for a Y here in a few months I will be looking for a new mattress that is actually foldable since my current 3 solution doesn't work so well with the Y's open cargo area.

Reactions: afscotch
Yup, I have this Ikea mattress for my M3LR and it fits great! It is pretty long and I have to move the front seats up a little bit to get it completely flat, but its really nbd.

It's a hella good mattress for the price btw - I've done quite a bit of car camping on many road trips, this one is the 3rd different mattress I've tried and definitely my favorite so far (other 2 were a Costco and some rando Amazon one).
Hehehe if it's not too much trouble can we see some pictures?

IMG_2736.jpgIMG_2737.jpgtempImagev9N77d.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive!

Also I partially lied, normally there is a pillow and a small blanket wedged between the top and bottom of the mattress so I have everything I need for camp mode right there! The black tarp-lookin thing on the right side of the rear trunk picture is the Tesmat privacy screen, and yes I can still access the subtrunk with the mattress like this, though it is of course slightly impeded.