Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IKON Motorsports Front Lip for Model 3: A Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG - I've had the IKON CF gloss front lip sitting in my garage for quite some time -- will actually install it this week. I test fitted and drilled the mounting holes earlier but am still not sure if I should have matte PPF installed on it first to better match the OEM P3D+ spoiler.

And recently, IKON started also offering a matte CF version. I wouldn't buy a whole new piece but figured this would reasonably approximate what matte PPF on the gloss lip might look like.

So, I'm here to ask -- does ANYONE have pictures of the IKON CF matte gloss front lip on their car? If so, please post here!

Did anyone have a gap on either end by the tires? Just installed my matte version and there's about .25-.33 inch gap on the passenger side when the driver side is flush. Contacted Ikon to see if it's a manufacturing issue.
20210123_161538.jpg
20210123_162015.jpg
20210123_162030.jpg
Thanks.

OMG - I've had the IKON CF gloss front lip sitting in my garage for quite some time -- will actually install it this week. I test fitted and drilled the mounting holes earlier but am still not sure if I should have matte PPF installed on it first to better match the OEM P3D+ spoiler.

And recently, IKON started also offering a matte CF version. I wouldn't buy a whole new piece but figured this would reasonably approximate what matte PPF on the gloss lip might look like.

So, I'm here to ask -- does ANYONE have pictures of the IKON CF matte gloss front lip on their car? If so, please post here!
See my pics here for matte

Did anyone have a gap on either end by the tires? Just installed my matte version and there's about .25-.33 inch gap on the passenger side when the driver side is flush. Contacted Ikon to see if it's a manufacturing issue.View attachment 630161 View attachment 630162 View attachment 630163 Thanks.

@fatboydelights,

Love that matte finish! Been looking at this splitter as well. Do you have any “front view” and “quartering view” photos? Man that fit is horrendous! All the photos of the Glossy Carbon in this thread fit like a glove on the “wrap around”. Maybe they used a different jig? Let us know what Ikons response is. That HAS to be a manufacturing defect but I can’t imagine what happened to their QC before shipping that out to you. They must have been out to lunch. Wish you the best on resolution. Hopefully IKON is responsive to your query. How long was it to receive and did you buy direct or EBay?

Ski

Last edited:
See my pics here for matte

Thank you for posting! I ended up installing the glossy CF version and didn't bother wrapping to get a matte effect -- it wasn't worth it based on the cost. I like the way the matte looks!

Regarding fitment, I don't see any difference in fitment between glossy and matte from the pictures posted. This lip doesn't fit PERFECT, but is really really close. It is more apparent in up close pictures than in real life situations.

Installation technique makes a difference, but there will still be a very small gap on one or both sides. That can be remedied with a small piece of black vinyl to hide the exposed area. Finally, from what I have seen most aftermarket front lip spoilers for this car do not fit perfect. Unfortunate for sure.

@fatboydelights,

Love that matte finish! Been looking at this splitter as well. Do you have any “front view” and “quartering view” photos? Man that fit is horrendous! All the photos of the Glossy Carbon in this thread fit like a glove on the “wrap around”. Maybe they used a different jig? Let us know what Ikons response is. That HAS to be a manufacturing defect but I can’t imagine what happened to their QC before shipping that out to you. They must have been out to lunch. Wish you the best on resolution. Hopefully IKON is responsive to your query. How long was it to receive and did you buy direct or EBay?

Ski
I bought direct and it took a couple days to ship. I'll keep you posted on their response...hope they take of of this
20210123_164640.jpg
20210123_162007.jpg
. Pretty disappointed in the fit and I've been modding cars for a long time so I was not expecting OEM fit with aftermarket. Maybe an 1/8 in would have been somewhat acceptable but this is way too big. I do like the look and rest of the fitment though. Here are some pics.

Reactions: Skione65
@fatboydelights,

Wow! That DOES look good though from those angles. That Matte is really great looking. LOVE that splitter. I still feel it’s the best looking on the market now with the exception of those edges on yours. I’ve always liked the fact that the Ikon doesn’t cover the bottom of the original bumper but has some of that showing for flow of color and continuity. Only other I’ve entertained is Artisan but $$$. Hope they rectify it for you. I don’t know what the remedy is or what they’d offer for you. I mean they could do several things such as a discounted offer, ship another or full refund. With shipping another I don’t know how many you’d have to go through to find an acceptable fit and how many you’d be willing to swap or replace. I have no idea what they’re manufacturing process is or if it’s a jig issue. I’m not sure what I’d do in your case or what would be acceptable to you or me in that case.

Ski

Last edited:
I bought it and immediately returned it when i opened the box and saw the poor design. Too bad, its the best looking lip front a top view before seeing it from all angles. Its basically an unfinished design, the botton is not flat, but open, like it was cut in half. Very sad it wasnt higher quality/complete.
20210208_205212.jpg
20210208_205212.jpg
20210208_205327.jpg
20210208_205230.jpg
20210208_205204.jpg

I bought it and immediately returned it when i opened the box and saw the poor design. Too bad, its the best looking lip front a top view before seeing it from all angles. Its basically an unfinished design, the botton is not flat, but open, like it was cut in half. Very sad it wasnt higher quality/complete.
How often would you see the bottom after you've installed it? How often would anyone else see it from below?

My IKON spoiler is the exact same way, but you don't see the unfinished part when it's mounted.

Imagine how much more that would cost if it were finished all around in places you don't see.

Personally, I would have kept it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voltron_M3
Fits 17-21 Tesla 3 IKON Front Bumper Lip Spoiler PP

Looks like Ikon removed their glossy CF version from the website and now have a new PP version. From the instructions I've read online, the new PP version doesn't require you to drill into your bumper, it uses front wheel well clips and the undertray clips to bolt into instead.

My guess is they are probably reworking the CF version into the new version.

Fits 17-21 Tesla 3 IKON Front Bumper Lip Spoiler PP

Looks like Ikon removed their glossy CF version from the website and now have a new PP version. From the instructions I've read online, the new PP version doesn't require you to drill into your bumper, it uses front wheel well clips and the undertray clips to bolt into instead.

My guess is they are probably reworking the CF version into the new version.

Hmmmm... No bumper drilling huh? I might just gamble $150 just to try this...

Reactions: Ren.OG and P-Lo801
Sounds good however concerned it might be like mud flaps the don’t seat well and move around. The fit would have to be exemplary. Seat around the whole circumference of the bumper would have to perfect. Or the gaps would really be ugly. With drilling you can “pull” the seam together somewhat.

Ski